Recent

Author Topic: GetProcAdress returns valid pointer but execution returns: "External exception:"  (Read 4570 times)

Shpend

take this image now pls, i have created a new project and did some adjusments, atleast now i get back a valid and found lib and a proc-adress! its no longer nil!

But same issue as my first post: External Exception 0434352  %) %)

engkin

32bit or 64bit dll?

engkin

Would be nice if you explain the adjusments you did?

Shpend

@engkin:

I have to appologize for my stupidness sometimes, I fixed it and made it work :)

I pepega took a x86 .dll (i had it set some ages ago in my setting -.-- and forgot to change it back to x64...) into pascal folder where the default target of the compiler only understands x86...

So yea...

Sry for that, i need to be more careful on the surrounding-settings before i start coding a programm/Idea, I always tend to take that to lightweight and forget the smallest thing when coding are often settings/configurations.

Shpend

Can actually some1 tell me: Why cant FPC understand a x86 library? or execute my function of such a lib/.dll?

since 32-bit is less than 64 ofc, and since im not asking more than the environment allows to, he should be fine right?

i dont understand that quite.

engkin

Glad it works.

As for your question, it is not an FPC problem. Typically 32bit applications deal 32bit dlls. Same for 64bit apps/dlls.

Shpend

Ok, thx @engkin, apparently this is a deep-OS-thing for conventional benefits or the like I guess..

TinyPortal © 2005-2018