Forum > Debugger

changed behaviour from gdb to Fpdebug ?

(1/3) > >>

Paolo:
hello,

installed both laz 2.012 fpc 3.2.0 and laz  2.2.0 fpc 3.2.2.

now using "default" mode I see what is reported in the picture in, what wrong I have done ? Esssentially the variable DeltaF is identified but its value not diplayed in the hint

(mostrly standard installation, even if in one pc all went fine whereas in this pc the installer asked where to find FpDebug or something like that  I apply a sort of restore to default - I do not remember exactly), I have toc heck in the other PC.

OS = win 10-pro.

Martin_fr:
32 or 64 bit? (IDE and compiled app have the same bitness, or cross compiled?)?

The variable is indeed "double"? Not by some setting "extended" (e.g. type double = extended;)?

What kind of variable is DeltaF? Local, global, Field (of object / record), ...?

What debug type info is used ? (dwarf, dwarf-3, stabs)? 
If this is in a package, what is used for the package?

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: Paolo on January 14, 2022, 01:47:37 pm --- whereas in this pc the installer asked where to find FpDebug or something like that  I apply a sort of restore to default -

--- End quote ---

Without the exact error, I can't tell what may have happened...

Try at least to do a "clean build" of the IDE (in case there is any "memory" of a previous install in another location):
1) Menu: Package > open package from file
   Open the following packages (from the install directory of this IDE)
   components/fpdebug/fpdebug.lpk
   components/lazdebuggers/lazdebuggerfp/lazdebuggerfp.lpk
2) Menu: Tools > Configure build Lazarus
   Radio-button "clean all" => build => restart IDE.

Check Tools > Options > Debugger Backend

Paolo:
Hi Martin,

--- Quote ---32 or 64 bit? (IDE and compiled app have the same bitness, or cross compiled?)?

--- End quote ---

64 bit

--- Quote ---The variable is indeed "double"? Not by some setting "extended" (e.g. type double = extended;)?

--- End quote ---

Yes it is, normal double;

--- Quote ---What kind of variable is DeltaF? Local, global, Field (of object / record), ...?

--- End quote ---
local

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure xxx;var  DeltaF : double; 

--- Quote ---What debug type info is used ? (dwarf, dwarf-3, stabs)?

--- End quote ---

dwarf with set

--- Quote ---If this is in a package, what is used for the package?

--- End quote ---

no, a procedure in a unit used only for this project (*.pas).

Please note that with the settings "Debug" mode DeltaF is correctly displayed.

Paolo:

--- Quote ---Without the exact error, I can't tell what may have happened..

--- End quote ---

see the attached screen shot, at very first start the tab shown in the picture hileghted a problem, something to be corrected, and then I click on the button "Restore fppkg configuration"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version