Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 3.0 Concept  (Read 3942 times)

dtpfl

Lazarus 3.0 Concept
« on: January 11, 2022, 03:18:56 pm »
I was bored so i made a concept.
This is a early concept for my dream IDE.
Maybe someone have any suggestions?

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
Re: Lazarus 3.0 Concept
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 03:24:22 pm »
So what is new? I dont see anything that cannot be done with the current Lazarus IDE, only different positions of some windows.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

balazsszekely

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 06:25:00 am »
@JanRoza

So what is new? I dont see anything that cannot be done with the current Lazarus IDE
Maybe the dark theme? Which is not working on windows, or at least not properly.

af0815

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 06:56:30 am »
dtpfl have made only a starting post with a new idea (button or documentation) in the past but no more posts.

This is no Lazarus 3.0 concept, only an ask for skinning on windows, because he have said, he is a delphi guy.
regards
Andreas

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 07:15:59 am »
I personally have an aversion to black themes...Hope it is not a suggestion to make that default. And the screenshot shows not enough contrast for my eyes.
Although theming/skinning is of course nice to have, it is extremely difficult to implement it complete. E.g. on some platforms dialogs and messageboxes take the OS default, so need to be made ownerdrawn.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:34:08 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

ccrause

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 07:22:02 am »
Maybe someone have any suggestions?

Some colour schemes for Lazarus : https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings
Click on the scheme name to see the settings.

The layout can to some extent be achieved by using the anchor docking component : https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking

Edit : and the component toolbar can be hidden, I think the option is under the View menu.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:26:52 am by ccrause »

af0815

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 10:15:27 am »
I personally have an aversion to black themes...Hope it is not a suggestion to make that default
+1
regards
Andreas

MarkMLl

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 10:58:58 am »
dtpfl have made only a starting post with a new idea (button or documentation) in the past but no more posts.

This is no Lazarus 3.0 concept, only an ask for skinning on windows, because he have said, he is a delphi guy.

When all people can do is start debating colour then it's time to pack up and move on.

"Ah," said the marketing girl, "Well, we're having a little difficulty there."

"Difficulty?" exclaimed Ford. "Difficulty? What do you mean, difficulty? It's the single simplest machine in the entire Universe!"

The marketing girl soured him with a look.

"Alright, Mr. Wiseguy," she said, "if you're so clever, you tell us what colour it should be."

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

dtpfl

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 02:52:50 pm »
So what is new? I dont see anything that cannot be done with the current Lazarus IDE, only different positions of some windows.

There isn't much new, the functionality should be the same. Just a UI/UX overhaul. Imo Lazarus should have anchrodocking by default, for beginners the single forms are confusing.

Do i need x posts to share some things with the community? Whats wrong with that?
Also i dont get your point whats wrong with being a guy which is working mainly with Delphi?
Why so much negativity?

I personally have an aversion to black themes...Hope it is not a suggestion to make that default. And the screenshot shows not enough contrast for my eyes.
Although theming/skinning is of course nice to have, it is extremely difficult to implement it complete. E.g. on some platforms dialogs and messageboxes take the OS default, so need to be made ownerdrawn.

Thanks for your feedback, i will try make a different theme soon.
Ye the implementation is a whole different part, this is just a very early concept :)
This concept could be useful or useless, if a few people agree on a UI overhaul, then i can continue thinking about it and maybe commit something in the future.

af0815

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 04:57:59 pm »
Why so much negativity?
Did you know about Trolls in a forum ? This is the reason. Ok, this is your first post direct in a diskussion, so it looks ok :-)

BTW: The dark theme in windows is or was nearly not documentated and without documentation you can not support a widgetset well. And it was designed for UWP Apps
Many Microsoft first party applications apply the setting and it is easy for you to support the functionality in your UWP applications as well.
Source : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/set-dark-mode

Some Programms make it by itselft, but Lazarus is using the widgetset.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:02:18 pm by af0815 »
regards
Andreas

Seenkao

• New ZenGL.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 05:27:24 pm »
Вы можете взглянуть в сторону CodeTyphon и GetLazarus (если не ошибаюсь) они настроены на однооконный режим. Так же и в данное время можно сделать однооконный режим и тёмную тему (я могу ошибаться).
Лично меня не устраивает однооконный режим. У меня два монитора, очень удобно иметь редактор кода на одном мониторе, а другие окна на другом (а так же второй редактор кода). Они не заставляют меня переключаться между окнами, и в то же время однооконный режим меня ограничивает в визуальном плане. Намного удобнее когда видно большую часть кода, чем когда приходится его прокручивать.  :)

Так же Lazarus очень гибок и вероятнее всего вы просто не знаете многих его свойств. Поиграйтесь с его настройками, вполне возможно он вас удивит.  8-)
Я был доволен тем, что я могу сделать два-три и более редакторов кода! А в Linux это наиболее хорошо, когда я могу не только раскидать редакторы кода по мониторам, а так же по разным рабочим столам! Что открывает достаточно много возможностей для редактирования кода.

google translate:
You can take a look at CodeTyphon and GetLazarus (if I'm not mistaken) they are configured for single window mode. Also, at this time, you can make a one-window mode and a dark theme (I could be wrong).
Personally, I am not satisfied with the one-window mode. I have two monitors, it is very convenient to have a code editor on one monitor and other windows on another (as well as a second code editor). They do not force me to switch between windows, and at the same time single-window mode restricts me visually. It is much more convenient when you can see most of the code than when you have to scroll through it. :)

Lazarus is also very flexible and most likely you just do not know many of its properties. Play around with its settings, it is quite possible that it will surprise you.  8-)
I was happy that I can make two or three or more code editors! And in Linux it's best when I can not only scatter code editors across monitors, but also across different desktops! Which opens up a lot of possibilities for editing the code.
Rus: Стремлюсь к созданию минимальных и достаточно быстрых приложений.

Eng: I strive to create applications that are minimal and reasonably fast.
Working on ZenGL

TinyPortal © 2005-2018