Recent

Author Topic: Docked editor: cosmetics  (Read 4200 times)

wmeyer

Docked editor: cosmetics
« on: January 08, 2022, 09:20:37 pm »
I work every day in Delphi in my job, and have come to prefer the docked editor IDE layout. That said, I am not a huge fan of the cosmetics as I see them on my machine. The images attached show the particular items that bother me, from the Object Inspector and Source Editor windows. I'd be happy to contribute some labor to such things, but am having some difficulty locating the files involved. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Docked editor: cosmetics
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 09:49:10 pm »
I am not an expert on the docking package, but maybe this helps.

It is all in components/anchordocking. There are 2 important packages
AnchorDocking.lpk
AnchorDockingDsgn.lpk (in the subfolder design).

The "Dsgn" package is the IDE integration. Adding IDE config and make it run in the IDE.

All the action (and the painting) is in AnchorDocking.lpk

There are only a handful of files. If you search them for "TAnchorDockHeader" you should be getting right were you need to. (I saw some refs in anchordocking.pas).

balazsszekely

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 10:10:32 pm »
@wmeyer
The images attached show the particular items that bother me, from the Object Inspector and Source Editor windows.
It's absolutely not clear what is bothering you, but I have an idea. Please go to Tools->Options->Environment->Docking/Anchordocking and play with the Header Style property. Changing the other properties may also helps. Once you find the ideal settings, please go to Tools->Desktops and export the configuration, for future use.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 10:50:32 pm »
Well in his defence, it was clear to me immediately.
The caption text is to close to the "bevel". There is a gap on the left, as it should be. But none on the right. (as he said: cosmetic.)

No idea, if that is a generic issue, or his system only. Maybe its the text-measurement, maybe its the font, maybe it use the wrong handle/dc to measure... Or maybe its the math...

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 11:45:27 pm »
@Martin_fr
The caption text is to close to the "bevel". There is a gap on the left, as it should be. But none on the right. (as he said: cosmetic.)
Thanks Martin! Unfortunately English is not my first language, so I missed that.

wmeyer

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 02:21:04 pm »

No idea, if that is a generic issue, or his system only. Maybe its the text-measurement, maybe its the font, maybe it use the wrong handle/dc to measure... Or maybe its the math...

Thank you for your explanation. I should have elaborated, but I thought from the images it would be quite obvious.

Happily, the choices available in Options make it unnecessary for me to dive into the code. It does seem odd, however, that the variation which is apparently standard in a new installation is -- to my eye -- the least pleasing of the lot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018