Forum > Windows (32/64)

Lazarus 2.2.0: Major installation issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: wmeyer on January 07, 2022, 10:14:13 pm ---To be sure I understand, do I need to remove from the list all packages that are not required? Or only those which appear to be missing? Sorry, but if I am to work through it by hand, I want to be sure I am doing precisely what you are asking.

--- End quote ---
I assume that Lazarus after installation works. It then includes the standard set of packages (build target "bigide").
I guess you have the old configuration with more packages. Unfortunately you must remove them from the list of installed packages, then install one by one, to find out the problematic ones.
Which packages are missing?

You can also delete or rename the local config folder to start from a default clean configuration. Then install packages one by one.

Martin_fr:
I don't think you need to delete your entire config. Most of it should be fine.
But, if some path to old stuff is stored there, one way would be to backup the folder, and restore it file by file to see which file causes any trouble.

Since this is about packages, I suspect:
includelinks.xml
packagefiles.xml
staticpackages.inc

--- Quote from: wmeyer on January 07, 2022, 10:25:50 pm ---Added AnchorDocking to the list and initiated the package build. Got error in ZDbcCache:

--- End quote ---
So you got "Zeos" installed.

And the Zeos version you have does not work with the new IDE. 

I don't use Zeos myself, but I expect they have a newer version that will work.
If you used OPM, maybe it can be updated via OPM. => I don't know if the OPM registry has the latest updates already included. (Afaik, It is maintained separately from the release).

wmeyer:

--- Quote from: GetMem on January 07, 2022, 10:28:51 pm ---@wmayer
1. Delete your config directory(make a backup first).  On windows is typically located in:
   c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\lazarus\
2. Delete your Lazarus folder
3. Reinstall everything

Unfortunately you will have to reinstall every package.

--- End quote ---

OK, that allowed me to get to a properly functional installation. I will deal with installing packages when the need arises.

I started with AnchorDocking and the DockedFormEditor.

wp:

--- Quote from: wmeyer on January 07, 2022, 10:59:55 pm ---I will deal with installing packages when the need arises.

--- End quote ---
That's a good attitude. Do not install packages ahead just to "have them". Every unnecessary package is an unnecessary risk to end up with an unstable IDE.

JuhaManninen:
If this code line gave an error

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---if NullPtr^ = 0 then // on this line
then the message makes no sense as 0 is an integer, not a boolean.

--- Quote ---Error: Incompatible types: got "Boolean" expected "Int64"
--- End quote ---
I don't know details of Zeos. Maybe it does something tricky with types.

--- Quote ---And for whatever reason, can't copy the selected message from that window, but had to type it in notepad.

--- End quote ---
Strange. The copy from message window feature was improved. Now you can select many lines and copy them all.
Does it work for other people?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version