Forum > Windows (32/64)

Lazarus 2.2.0: Major installation issues

(1/3) > >>

wmeyer:
Tried to install over 2.1.12. After installation, went to install packages, and found that there were numerous issues, which I was unable to resolve.

Uninstalled completely. Installed again. Similar problems.

Uninstalled again. Cleaned registry. Deleted folders. Installed fresh. On running, was informed that package Cairo is missing.

Windows 10 64 bit. Installation folder: E:\lazarus. Available space >2TB. System RAM: 64GB.

Is there anywhere a document of the steps to accomplish a complete uninstall and clean?

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: wmeyer on January 07, 2022, 09:51:52 pm ---After installation, went to install packages, and found that there were numerous issues, which I was unable to resolve.

--- End quote ---
Please install the extra packages one by one and see which package causes the problems.
Cairo should not be needed for the standard installation on Windows.

wmeyer:
To be sure I understand, do I need to remove from the list all packages that are not required? Or only those which appear to be missing? Sorry, but if I am to work through it by hand, I want to be sure I am doing precisely what you are asking.

wmeyer:
Added AnchorDocking to the list and initiated the package build. Got error in ZDbcCache:
  {$IFNDEF FPC}
  if NullPtr^ = {$IFDEF WIN64}false{$ELSE}0{$ENDIF} then  //M.A. if NullPtr^ = 0 then
  {$ELSE}
  if NullPtr^ = 0 then // on this line
  {$ENDIF}
    IZDataSet(Ptr^) := nil
  else
    Ptr^ := nil; 

Message says:
ZDbcCache.pas(4429,13) Error: Incompatible types: got "Boolean" expected "Int64"

And for whatever reason, can't copy the selected message from that window, but had to type it in notepad.

balazsszekely:
@wmayer
1. Delete your config directory(make a backup first).  On windows is typically located in:
   c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\lazarus\
2. Delete your Lazarus folder
3. Reinstall everything

Unfortunately you will have to reinstall every package.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version