Forum > Other

Show unread not showing unread

<< < (2/5) > >>

engkin:
Per your screenshot,  "click here to try all unread topics".

440bx:

--- Quote from: engkin on January 08, 2022, 01:40:01 am ---Per your screenshot,  "click here to try all unread topics".

--- End quote ---
I had not noticed that.

Since you pointed that out, I figured I'd try it and clicked on "Show unread" (on the left hand side menu) and it showed me all the unread messages (as it used to) without having to click on ""click here to try all unread topics" (which was not even present.)  IOW, in that particular instance, it worked as it used to.

Now that you've pointed out that "click here to try all unread topics", I'll be on the lookout for it when the list is empty :)

But, I like the way it used to work. Click "Show unread" and it showed all the unread messages without having to click on anything else.

Attached is a screenshot of what I got this time (which is what I used to get)

Martin_fr:
I remember having had that same issue many years back. I am not aware that I changed something, I used to go for the "all unread".
I have no idea why for me it has not happened since. Until now I believed it to be fixed (assuming it had to be fixed?). But apparently ... and I guess, if its been there for so long, then it may be meant to be this way...

440bx:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 08, 2022, 02:14:04 am ---I remember having had that same issue many years back. I am not aware that I changed something, I used to go for the "all unread".
I have no idea why for me it has not happened since. Until now I believed it to be fixed (assuming it had to be fixed?). But apparently ... and I guess, if its been there for so long, then it may be meant to be this way...

--- End quote ---
Now that I know about the "click here to try all unread topics", I'll just click on that whenever I get an empty list while I know there are unread messages. 

What I find puzzling is that sometimes it works the way it used to and other times that extra click is needed.  One extra click.. no biggie.

440bx:
The one thing that concerns me is that sometimes it doesn't show _all_ the unread messages and there is no option to "click here to try all unread topics". 

The attached screenshot shows that there are 4 unread messages but only 3 are listed.  Something is not quite right somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version