Forum > Other

Using 10 Fingers

<< < (5/6) > >>

MathMan:
Maybe I'm the odd one here again - but I never bothered to learn 10 finger typing. Reason for that is - when I'm programming 90% of my time is spent thinking and only 10% typing. There simply is no advantage in it for me.

But I also admit, that I'm a really slow programmer.

Cheers,
MathMan

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: MathMan on January 11, 2022, 03:54:06 pm ---Maybe I'm the odd one here again

--- End quote ---
No you are not...

440bx:
You're odd if you have 11 fingers... now, that, is mathematically odd.  :D

As far as 10 finger typing...

Fast programmers delegate thinking to their fingers.  10 brains and parallel execution... can't beat that.

SymbolicFrank:
You just have to learn to multitask: while typing a part, already design the next part. Or, think of the things that interact and/or would make the current part simpler and/or more efficient.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: 440bx on January 11, 2022, 04:01:06 pm ---You're odd if you have 11 fingers... now, that, is mathematically odd.  :D

As far as 10 finger typing...

--- End quote ---
And if you have 9 fingers, someone might call you a square. And if they do, you can't get even with them.
But worse, if you had 1 finger: Not in your prime, still a square, still not getting even, and can't duel them, because for a duel you need a second.

But imagine you had -1 fingers, only the imaginary can help you find the root (cause) of that. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version