Forum > IDE/CodeTools

Some small changes in the Interface I.E. Icons and Button position

<< < (2/5) > >>

wp:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 05, 2022, 01:39:47 pm ---Probably need to be optional. In my experience there are always people who like the current way (or at least like the current way better...)

--- End quote ---
Absolutely. Minimalistic layouts as proposed can be extremely frustrating...

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: dsiders on January 05, 2022, 06:46:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 05, 2022, 01:39:47 pm ---
--- Quote ---3- This big "Help" button is completely useless.

--- End quote ---
Why?

It seems to work here. I have not checked if the help page needs updating, but that could be fixed.

If desired, someone could implement and submit a merge-request (or patch) for offline help.

--- End quote ---

I just tried it on 2.0.12, 2.2.0RC2, and main (nee trunk). For Windows, the Help button does nothing in all 3 versions.

--- End quote ---

Both my "git main" and the official Release 2.2 (via installer from sourceforge) open a browser.
To be sure: This is about the "help" toolbutton in the "project inspector".

There are some configurations for the help system (I am not familiar with them, so can't guess which could be involved).

If you temporarily remove your primary-conf-dir (to get a fresh config / my 2.2 had a fresh conf) and then try again?

dsiders:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 05, 2022, 06:58:59 pm ---Both my "git main" and the official Release 2.2 (via installer from sourceforge) open a browser.

--- End quote ---

Yes, using the Project Inspector.

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 05, 2022, 06:58:59 pm ---There are some configurations for the help system (I am not familiar with them, so can't guess which could be involved).
If you temporarily remove your primary-conf-dir (to get a fresh config / my 2.2 had a fresh conf) and then try again?

--- End quote ---

I had not tested with 2.2 because I did not know the files were publicly available. If it is a PCP issue, it is the same issue for 3 different PCP environments. I'll get the release files and try later this evening.

Gald:
About the Help button, is because there is another help on MainMenu.
Look to the image related below.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: dsiders on January 05, 2022, 07:39:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 05, 2022, 06:58:59 pm ---Both my "git main" and the official Release 2.2 (via installer from sourceforge) open a browser.

--- End quote ---

Yes, using the Project Inspector.

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 05, 2022, 06:58:59 pm ---There are some configurations for the help system (I am not familiar with them, so can't guess which could be involved).

--- End quote ---

I had not tested with 2.2 because I did not know the files were publicly available. If it is a PCP issue, it is the same issue for 3 different PCP environments. I'll get the 2.2.0 release files and try later this evening.

--- End quote ---

The files cannot be downloaded (yet) from SourceForge. It shows a file but it cannot be downloaded. I tried the 64-bit installer. In addition, the readme file under 2.2.0 says it is a "Release Candidate".

I'll try again later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version