Forum > Embedded

ESP8266 Compiling with xtensa-freertos

(1/7) > >>

af0815:
I have created a crosscompiler for xtensa and the lx106 (ESP8266). But i am not able to compile a hello world. Exactly the compiling will work, but not the linking.

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---@echo onset IDF_PATH=C:\data\esp\ESP8266_RTOS_SDKcd C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\projectsC:\data\lazdev\xtensa\fpc\bin\i386-win32\ppcrossxtensa -va -Furtl/units/xtensa-freertos/ -Tfreertos -XPxtensa-lx106-elf- -O3 -Wpesp8266 HelloWorld2.lpr -Fl~/esp/xtensa-lx106-elf-libs/ -FlC:\data\esp\ESP8266_RTOS_SDK\components/esp8266/lib -FlC:\data\esp\ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/newlib/newlib/lib -Fl~/esp/xtensa-lx106-elf/xtensa-lx106-elf/sysroot/lib/ pause My SDK is under c:\data\esp, not c.\esp to hold my root clean.

If i try my HelloWorld2.lpr to compile i get the following message.

--- Quote ---....
[1.521] Searching file C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\lib\xtensa-freertos\lx106\libstdc++.a... found
[1.523] Searching file C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\lib\xtensa-freertos\lx106\libpthread.a... found
[1.527] Searching file C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\bin\xtensa-freertos\bin\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe... found
[1.528] Using util C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\bin\xtensa-freertos\bin\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe
[1.529] Executing "C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\bin\xtensa-freertos\bin\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe -C -P -x c -E -o /esp8266_out.ld -I / /components/esp8266/ld/esp8266.ld" using comspec "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe"
[1.530] Executing "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" with command line " /C C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\bin\xtensa-freertos\bin\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe -C -P -x c -E -o /esp8266_out.ld -I / /components/esp8266/ld/esp8266.ld"
xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe: error: /components/esp8266/ld/esp8266.ld: No such file or directory
xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe: warning: '-x c' after last input file has no effect
xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
[1.589] HelloWorld2.lpr(13,24) Error: Error while linking
[1.593] Searching file C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\bin\xtensa-freertos\bin\xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump.exe... found
[1.594] Using util C:\data\lazdev\xtensa\cross\bin\xtensa-freertos\bin\xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump.exe
[1.595] Searching file HelloWorld2.o... found
[1.596] Searching file HelloWorld2.o... found

--- End quote ---
Maybe i have not given all need information to the crosscompiler. But i created my HelloWorld according the  wiki https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Xtensa point 1.2.4 to test my crosscompiler.

Any hints how to get this working?   

bobihot:
I currently work with him.
But the new one is with core RISK-V and may be good to transfer to him

af0815:

--- Quote from: bobihot on January 01, 2022, 07:21:41 pm ---I currently work with him.
But the new one is with core RISK-V and may be good to transfer to him

--- End quote ---
which is 'him' ? I am talking about ESP8266 - not him (or her)

trev:
Dial back the attitude mate.

The previous poster, who was trying to help you and whose grasp of English pronouns or translation software may not be perfect, was suggesting that the new ESP8266s have RISK-V cores which may or may not help you.

engkin:

--- Quote ---error: /components/esp8266/ld/esp8266.ld: No such file or directory
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a wrong path. Maybe confused between backslash and frontslash?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version