Forum > Designer

Example projects window

<< < (31/31)

dbannon:
Wow Charly, this is an old thread !

The work refered to is now in Lazarus 3.0 and Lazarus 3.0 is released. So, first of all, are you looking at Lazarus 3.0 ?

--- Quote from: CharlyTango on January 25, 2024, 11:26:36 am ---....
In the course of time, I have accumulated many components which I have stored for testing and also as an archive for possible components in programmes.
I therefore regularly search my archive for examples and demos to get an impression of the functionality of the respective component.

--- End quote ---

The Examples system is intended to be extensible. In your case, you could add entries referring to your private examples at the end of the ~/lazarus_3_0/examples/examples.txt file and add a simple meta file in each to achieve what I suspect you want. Probably best scripted.

Now that lazarus_3_0 and the new examples code has been released, I should update https://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Examples_Window - there is some good cricket on this afternoon/evening, I will update while I watch that !

Its also possible for packages (that can be added to the IDE) to list their own examples. So, if you add your own code as a set of packages, you could do that too.

--- Quote from: CharlyTango on January 25, 2024, 11:26:36 am ---... examples have hardly any description, are poorly maintained, possibly still based on old standards...

--- End quote ---
All the example presented in lazarus_3_0 where checked to be functional and have, as a minium, a one liner description. But thats all I am afraid. Very many do have bugs (all software has bugs !) sometimes noted in the description. There is, as you mention, massive room for improvement!

--- Quote from: CharlyTango on January 25, 2024, 11:26:36 am ---I would be happy to discuss this.

--- End quote ---
Excellent !

--- Quote from: CharlyTango on January 25, 2024, 11:26:36 am ---Where should I report bugs?

- Listview - anchor right, +10 missing
- Listview, sorting does not work
- Listview, examples from OPM are not found (Win10, Laz3.0)

--- End quote ---

In the normal Lazarus bug report system. Its been my experience that a bug report that includes a patch is very well received. Focus on one issue per patch, test extensively, explain why its necessary and your contribution will be very welcome !

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version