Recent

Author Topic: Wiki: Lazarus Tutorial  (Read 12355 times)

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: Wiki: Lazarus Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 10:10:59 pm »
The same I did now with the left few languages.

Well done - that few was 11!

There is an issue with the language bar, only the languages that were available when editing a page are shown, not the pages added later on. Does that automatically update after some time, or has that to be fixed manually somehow?

Yes it eventually updates; if you add ?action=purge to the end of the URL you can force the update.

Quote from: trev
I'm not sure about moving the rest of the content elsewhere. The tutorial started with creating your first program because that is probably something most new users would want to do BEFORE reading about all the marvellous features of the IDE. However, having done that, the tutorial then moves on to explaining much of the material you really need to know to progress.

Quote from: kupferstecher
That's right, some parts are important. Others are IMHO too detailed, it's hard to focus on that as a beginner. Seems the translated language versions are quite old and are much more compact. E.g. the section "How to use Common Controls" seems to not be translated. The lists of "common properties" and "common events" I'm also not sure if they are really useful, as showing these things in the very beginning of using Lazarus is probably just overwhelming.

Fair point. I'll give it some more thought today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018