Forum > Other

Lazarus IDE alternatives

<< < (2/5) > >>

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: BobDog on December 12, 2021, 12:17:59 pm ---I don't use the Lazarus Ide. I use Geany ide. (or the devpas ide sometimes), I use windows.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Not using Lazarus is a huge disadvantage in a Lazarus forum (of course), but I like freepascal and still like to contribute in a restricted way.

--- End quote ---
The forum has an entire FreePascal section, that has nothing to do with Lazarus. And many other discussions are about the language and not the IDE.

Despite the name of the forum, it's shared with the fpc community. So its two in one.

--- Quote ---I have Lazarus on board, as it were, but the more I use it the less I like it, sorry to say, but there are not many pascal forums about these days.

--- End quote ---

There are people working on extensions for Visual Studio Code, so they can use this....

If I may ask, I would still be interested in hearing about what you prefer in your chosen tools?
Now, I am aware, that means you might get plenty of "try this in Lazarus, it's similar or the same". I may even do that myself. Yet, I understand, that even if Lazarus had every feature you miss, you may still stay with what you have.

marcov:

--- Quote from: BobDog on December 12, 2021, 12:17:59 pm --- or the devpas ide sometimes

--- End quote ---

Did somebody finally rebuild a devpas distribution with a compiler that is not almost 20 years old ?

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Handoko on December 13, 2021, 04:59:12 am ---I know Lazarus-IDE is not perfect, I experience some minor issues too.
--- End quote ---

What are these minor issues? Did you report them if they are indeed bugs?

Blade:
A strong contender that is the most intriguing alternative, which is also incorporated with Lazarus, is fpGUI.

It's great that it was embraced, so there is an interface for it.  I think there is more that can be done with it, possibly with mobile platforms.  I like that it's written in Object Pascal.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fpgui/

https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpGUI_Interface

Fred vS:
Hello.

You may consider ideU, it is a fork of mseide with integrated msegui and fpGUI form-designer, auto-competion code, integrated debugger, ...
With build-in macros to fully integrate fpGUI source.

Some features of ideU are inspired from Geany, like "compile the edited unit" (not only all the project), multi-compiler choice, ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version