Forum > Other

Lazarus IDE alternatives

(1/5) > >>

BobDog:

--- Quote ---I've split these off-topic responses from the original unrelated thread and moved them here where it could be considered to be topical. Enjoy O:-)

Trev
--- End quote ---

I don't use the Lazarus Ide. I use Geany ide. (or the devpas ide sometimes), I use windows.
If I need a unit I find it from the freepascal installation and pop it into a dedicated folder which I point to via command line options in Geany.
Not using Lazarus is a huge disadvantage in a Lazarus forum (of course), but I like freepascal and still like to contribute in a restricted way.
I have Lazarus on board, as it were, but the more I use it the less I like it, sorry to say, but there are not many pascal forums about these days.
(Probably get booted out now)
Good Luck.

Tony Stone:

--- Quote from: BobDog on December 12, 2021, 12:17:59 pm ---(Probably get booted out now)
Good Luck.

--- End quote ---

;D

Very doubtful!  Of all of the forums I am on I think this one here may have some of the coolest people!  I used to use Geany until i got back into Pascal.  Geany is nice, clean and simple... like Lazarus.   :)

Handoko:
I am curious, please tell me more.

I know Lazarus-IDE is not perfect, I experience some minor issues too. But, it has many useful features. Like: hint when mouse hovering on identifier, ctrl+click on identifier, code completion, desktop (customize-able layout), project inspector, well-integrated with debugger and good tool for building GUI applications.

I don't mean the others are inferior, but I would like know what are the interesting features of the Geany, Dev-Pascal IDE and others. Maybe I might use them too.

(sorry off-topic)

ccrause:

--- Quote from: BobDog on December 12, 2021, 12:17:59 pm ---I have Lazarus on board, as it were, but the more I use it the less I like it,

--- End quote ---
An IDE needs to complement your way of doing things, else it is more of a hindrance than helpful. In my opinion Lazarus is particularly suited to people who have worked with Delphi before.

Another IDE to consider is MSEide, quite a bit different compared to Lazarus.

BSaidus:
hhhh,
Lazarus is powerfull, Stable IDE, maybe you do not habituated to use it, you can customize it to be small if you delete some packages.
First times using it , I have the same opition about it, Now, I do not use other IDE then it.
Even Delphi I do not open it.
May be there is little functionnality that are not enaught done, But It is the best.
 It is very stable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version