Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus IDE-Modbus Communication (Energy Analyzer, PascalSCADA)  (Read 12540 times)

sentago

Re: Lazarus IDE-Modbus Communication (Energy Analyzer, PascalSCADA)
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 06:42:05 am »
I looked at the Link given to the model that is being used here and it does not show it having Ethernet. Just because it has a jack on it does not mean it has it.

The model pointed has a X marked for Ethernet but does have RS-485 which means a converter is needed from the PC to the device for 485 since those are balanced lines.

Now I suppose it could be configured for 232 single end..

It would also be nice if any research was done to indicate the device supporting MODBUS to start with? It could be a simple  ASCII unit generating lines of text etc...

In any case, the PC/LapTop most likely needs to have a static IP, if Ethernet is really supported and that IP can not patch the device.

Hi jamie,

Thank your for answer. There is no problem with the ethernet connection but there is a problem with the communication of the device. I contacted the analyzer company. They said they were interested. I'll post progress here.

sentago

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 08:20:04 am »
Hello again,

The error that i encountered yesterday also appeared in the Modbus Tester software (Device Gateway Failed Respond). For this, company told me that i need to specify the Slave ID. Where can i specify this Slave ID for Lazarus IDE?

af0815

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 09:04:58 am »
Where can i specify this Slave ID for Lazarus IDE?
According the specs here https://www.pascalscada.com/modbus-rtu-and-tcp/

it must be
PLCStation: Modbus equipment address. For Modbus TCP, this property has its value set to 1, it usually depends on the Modbus Server implementation.

and see the post from Fabio (the autor)
Few steps:
3.3) PLCStation to point to your Modbus slave address;
regards
Andreas

sentago

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 11:09:50 am »
Where can i specify this Slave ID for Lazarus IDE?
According the specs here https://www.pascalscada.com/modbus-rtu-and-tcp/

it must be
PLCStation: Modbus equipment address. For Modbus TCP, this property has its value set to 1, it usually depends on the Modbus Server implementation.

and see the post from Fabio (the autor)
Few steps:
3.3) PLCStation to point to your Modbus slave address;

Thank you @af0815. This worked. This part escaped my attention.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018