Forum > Designer

IDE in Linux, some bugs

(1/2) > >>

pixel_:
One bug sometime is can't resize selected control in design and another is when I switch to another app in a taskbar and then tried back to Lazarus:
"Size range overflow in MainIDE.SendMoveSizeMessages: Width=1366, Height=-16."

MarkMLl:
Come on, you ought to know better by now: what version of Lazarus/FPC built for which widget set, what display manager (AKA desktop environment) and (to a lesser extent) what distro?

I think those are the important things. I don't specifically recognise the problems you mention but I'm running KDE with stuff including the IDE typically compiled for gtk2... there's a possibility you've got some different combination or at least some different underlying libraries.

MarkMLl

pixel_:
Lazarus 2.2.0RC1-0, FPC 3.2.2, Lubuntu 20.10, LXQT 0.15.0, taskbar with autohide option.

Handoko:

--- Quote from: pixel_ on December 03, 2021, 08:53:14 pm ---... sometime is can't resize selected control in design ...

--- End quote ---

Maybe this is the same as what that I experience:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39157.msg267761.html#msg267761

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: pixel_ on December 07, 2021, 06:36:09 pm ---Lazarus 2.2.0RC1-0, FPC 3.2.2, Lubuntu 20.10, LXQT 0.15.0, taskbar with autohide option.

--- End quote ---

Presumably the IDE is built for gtk2 and also using that as the default target.

/Might/ be worth trying with a different window manager and/or target if you can... I've been wrestling with something (non-Lazarus) over the last few days where an app wouldn't resize below a certain point which turned out to be WM-specific (needless to say, neither the app authors nor the distro maintainers admit the problem is theirs )-:

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version