Forum > Linux

aarch64 installation of fpc fails with:- fpmake: No such file or directory

<< < (2/2)

dswood:
I have cracked it with some ugly hacks.  fpmake was not linked to libraries correctly.  The libraries not being where it wanted produced "No such file or directory" If you do
--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---strings fpmake | grep libIt will put out a lot of stuff but in there is hard coded libraries it tries to link to. They are:-
/lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/crti.o
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/crtn.o

On my system the files are located :-
/lib64/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
/usr/lib64/crti.o
/usr/lib64/crtn.o

The ugly hack is to sym link them so they are found.
I did not have any config files because install.sh call another script that calls fpmkcfg which did the same as fpmake.  My hack fixes this too.  The binary install of fpc works now too.  I would like to know the correct way to point fpc to the original library versions so that programs compiled on one machine run on another.  However first I shall install lazarus, tomorrow - it has been a long day.

Thanks for your help.
King regards
Duncan.

dbannon:
Duncan, when you build/install Lazaras (today?tomorrow) don't try to install it in /usr/ - you will end up with a far more flexible install in user space.  So, put the source somewhere in your own area (I use $HOME/bin/Lazarus/$LAZ_Ver), build it there and do not install, just use it from there.  Lazarus does not need to be on your PATH, just cd to that dir to start it up.

Incidently, FPC is similar, you can install it in userspaces, just set a path where you install the binaries.

Having FPC and Lazarus in user space lets you have multiple versions and easily install and change without root permission.

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version