Recent

Author Topic: Menu bar flickers when I click on words in the editor  (Read 4109 times)

fafafooey

Menu bar flickers when I click on words in the editor
« on: November 28, 2021, 09:41:22 am »
Hi all, I'm running Windows 7 (themes disabled) with Lazarus 2.0.12.  When I click on words (like interface, TForm1, implementation, ect.) in the editor, the menu bar (File, Edit, Search, ect.) flickers.  Sometimes when I click a line with nothing on it, it doesn't flicker.  It's almost like when I click a word, the menu bar is redone or redrawn.  I tried 2.2.0 RC2 and it also does it.  I don't see any other graphical issues so I don't think it's a glitch with my video drivers or OS.  Does anyone else have that issue?  It's just distracting like something is take my eyes from the editor.

Thanks for your help!

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Menu bar flickers when I click on words in the editor
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 10:40:37 am »
Do you use Anchordocking?

fafafooey

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 10:52:18 am »
Hi Martin, no nothing other than a basic install.  I was playing around with it some more and found that if I have Firefox open behind Lazarus the menu bar will not flicker at all.  As soon as I minimize Firefox and only the desktop (no wallpaper) is behind Lazarus, the flickering will happen when I click words in the editor.  Strange.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 11:45:08 am »
Well, I can't test it now, but "clicking words" or generally "selecting text" (and de-selecting) enables/disables some items in the menu (like "uppercase selection").

So I would guess that for some reason that redraws your menu. Not sure if it should or why it flickers.

wp

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 12:35:44 pm »
I'm running Windows 7 (themes disabled) with Lazarus 2.0.12. 
Did you try to activate themes?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018