Recent

Author Topic: Option to make copies of required packages to the project fodler.  (Read 5659 times)

jamie

Is it possible to have the IDE make a copy of any installed package being on the toolbar or just runtime only in a folder of your project for future reference if the project gets reopened at some later date with a different install of laz that may not have those packages ?

This also includes Frames that you maybe using in the project..

I have Delphi projects from other Devs and they tend to use third party components that I don't have on my D install nor does Lazarus have them even if I were to port the project over..

Its a real problem when you give someone the source code to be maintained when they don't have other supported files needed from third party installs.

I was looking at the Delphi options I don't see it there and I don't see it in lazarus ether.

I know I can do this manually but I don't always remember these things after you get used to always installing a component etc.

The IDE would need to know what exactly gets installed by default so it can make a copy of required resources over to your project "Resource Folder" etc...

Did I miss something ?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

loaded

Re: Option to make copies of required packages to the project fodler.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 06:04:55 am »
I want such a feature too. Really much needed.
If I had a talent to do, I would never stop, I would do it.
Check out  loaded on Strava
https://www.strava.com/athletes/109391137

TinyPortal © 2005-2018