Recent

Author Topic: PeaZip successfully built on macOS for aarch64 M1  (Read 2544 times)

Giorgio Tani

PeaZip successfully built on macOS for aarch64 M1
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:13:09 pm »
PeaZip 8.3.0, and upcoming 8.3.1 version I'm writing in this moment, compile and build correctly on macOS with Lazarus 2.2RC.

The application can be compiled for Intel 64 bit (for macOS 10.15 Catalina and older systems), and as native ARM aarch64 application for Apple Silicon M1 SoC, for Big Sur and Monterey systems - now I'm testing it first hand on BigSur system, but I may update soon.

I want to thank ACTom GitHub user for having provided valuable suggestions and patches to fix some of the issues preventing it to correctly run on Darwin.

All the x86 ASM portions of code in Wolfgang Ehrhardt's libraries have pure Pascal alternative implementations, which are fully working for aarch64 target, and the application has been successfully built for aarch64 Linux by third parties.

It will take me a while to properly test and package it for Apple systems, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

And for this new journey I must again thank Lazarus team to have made it possible.

mdalacu

• dmSimpleApps
Re: PeaZip successfully built on macOS for aarch64 M1
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 08:56:12 am »
Congrats! I use your app all the time! :-)

silvestre

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 10:32:13 am »
I switched to Peazip permanently and can only say that I am grateful, excellent cross-platform support and the best encryption capabilities available.  :)

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 01:48:32 pm »
All the x86 ASM portions of code in Wolfgang Ehrhardt's libraries have pure Pascal alternative implementations, which are fully working for aarch64 target, and the application has been successfully built for aarch64 Linux by third parties.

Hmm... simply for the sake of curiosity I should try whether it compiles and runs on PPC Mac OS as well :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2018