Forum > Database

Unit IbConnection - CreateDB

(1/2) > >>

fcb:
Hello,

I have a Firebird service installed on another port (3052) instead of using the default 3050, so the CreateDB function of the IBConnection unit does not set the Port variable.
I modified the file (ibconnection.pp) and implemented in line 412...418, in atachment

Thanks

winni:
Wrong thread. Sorry

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: fcb on November 13, 2021, 03:51:54 am ---Hello,

I have a Firebird service installed on another port (3052) instead of using the default 3050, so the CreateDB function of the IBConnection unit does not set the Port variable.
I modified the file (ibconnection.pp) and implemented in line 412...418, in atachment

Thanks

--- End quote ---
That's bull!
https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/ibconnection/tibconnection.html
There is a published property called "Port" (whatever could that be for?!?!)
You'll even find it in the Object Inspector

Could one of the mods remove the OP's attachment,, before someone inexperienced downloads it and borks his installation?

marcov:
Zvoni, language please!

the port is added in the ConnectFB statement.

--- Code: ---  HN:=HostName;
  if HN <> '' then
    begin
    if Port<>0 then
      HN:=HN+'/'+IntToStr(Port);
    ADatabaseName := HN+':'+DatabaseName
    end
  else
    ADatabaseName := DatabaseName;

--- End code ---

If that somehow doesn't work to you, please file a bug on gitlab with an unified DIFF attachment or a pull request. Don't add modified files like this, since due to version issues, that doesn't make very clear what exactly you modified. Describe how you test or encounter the problem.

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: marcov on November 17, 2021, 02:10:59 pm ---Zvoni, language please!

--- End quote ---
Sorry, marco und to OP.
Just having a bad day.....

What really mystifies me: Since when do you need a port to Create a Database?
OP stated he has a Firebird-Server running, which listens on Port 3052 (instead of 3050).
You need the port to CONNECT to the Server.
Once you're connected, you can create, drop, change Databases, Tables, dirty socks, wifes, girlfriends without specifying which port

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version