Forum > General

OOP structures in fpc and Lazarus

<< < (2/14) > >>

BobDog:

"OOP structures in fpc and Lazarus"
I like the OOP in fpc, I haven't posted much OOP, but I am working away in the background.
But not being a Lazarus ide user (very much), is there a difference in OOP between the two?

jollytall:
Not really. Lazarus is just an IDE for FPC.
The only difference, (what is not yet included in my doc), that Lazarus has a whole set of classes defined for visual access, but they are start from TObject, then TPersistent and TComponent. Those can also be accessed from a plain source, but the great benefit of Lazarus that you can design your visuals WYSIWYG. Actually there are many other non-visual components, what I am not too keen on (anything from networking to database, etc.), but there I personally prefer programming them the normal way.

ccrause:

--- Quote from: BobDog on November 05, 2021, 04:26:23 pm ---
"OOP structures in fpc and Lazarus"
I like the OOP in fpc, I haven't posted much OOP, but I am working away in the background.
But not being a Lazarus ide user (very much), is there a difference in OOP between the two?

--- End quote ---
Lazarus also uses fpc as the compiler, so it is not necessary to mention Lazarus when discussing language features (IMHO). 

Lazarus does provide a lot of editorial help that makes it easier and faster to create and maintain classes (and objects, advanced records...) e.g. by creating empty methods in the implementation section that corresponds to methods declared in a class, synchronization of parameters between interface and implementation and so forth.

Edit: I see @jollytall was a bit quicker to post...

Lulu:
@jollytall: thanks You to share ! :)

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: jollytall on November 05, 2021, 04:14:49 pm ---It is a shame, the zip-ed pdf is still 220 Kb.

--- End quote ---

Yes, because AIUI PDF is basically compressed Postscript.

I'm working through it with interest, but noting your overall approach you might find http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~budd/Books/leda/ of interest.

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version