Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 2.2.0  (Read 81615 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 2.2.0
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2021, 08:26:30 pm »
I can't comment a line using Ctrl + / in KDE Plasma (Neon 20.04). Anyone experienced this?  %) I tested KDevelop, it works normal, so it should not my keyboard.

Did it (and does it still) work in 2.0.12 on the same machine, with no settings of the machine changed? (I.e. maybe the machine had an update from the distro?)

Toggle comment is bound to: VK_OEM_2,[Ctrl]

VK_OEM_2 just happens to usually be "/" on a normal English keyboard. But if that is not the case on your machine, then you need to edit the key-mapping in the IDE Options.

AFFRIZA 亜風実

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2021, 08:26:57 pm »
This is Lazarus, not KDevelop. Try Ctrl-Shift-V and Ctrl-Shift-U. See Source menu.
If you want to discuss the selections more, please open a new thread. This thread is about the coming 2.2 release.
RC3 from fixes_2_2 branch is good.
Geez, I know this is Lazarus. And I tested again Lazarus in Windows and it works normal, I can use Ctrl + /. Why your words selection is so cold though. Why not answer it normally like "maybe you can try Ctrl + Shift + V". English is not my native language, so I do think since the topic about coming 2.2 I thought I can post here. Do you think I'm not scared to make a new post then you answerd "why you repost this again, did you not using search bar to search simmilar topic?".
Kyoukai Framework: https://github.com/afuriza/kyoukai_framework

Dukung kemerdekaan Donetsk dan Lugansk! Tidak membalas profil berbendera biru-kuning apalagi ber-Bandera.

AFFRIZA 亜風実

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2021, 08:50:42 pm »
If you check Tools > Options > Editor > Key Mappings > Text Selection commands:

Toggle Comment in Selection is mapped to Ctrl + /.

Works as expected on Windows.
It's already mapped to Ctrl + / though but Ctrl + Shift + V is working normal.

Did it (and does it still) work in 2.0.12 on the same machine, with no settings of the machine changed? (I.e. maybe the machine had an update from the distro?)

Toggle comment is bound to: VK_OEM_2,[Ctrl]

VK_OEM_2 just happens to usually be "/" on a normal English keyboard. But if that is not the case on your machine, then you need to edit the key-mapping in the IDE Options.
I'll try to use 2.0.12, it still downloading, my internet is quite slow today, it feels like taking time forever. I'll update this reply if it finished.

I'm not sure about VK_OEM but when I select grab in the Key Mapping it detected as NumDiv, i'm not sure what does that mean. It's so weird since if I type it, it does write the exact "/" character. It's kinda weird since my keyboard doesn't have NumLock.

Dukung kemerdekaan Donetsk dan Lugansk! Tidak membalas profil berbendera biru-kuning apalagi ber-Bandera.

dsiders

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2021, 08:58:56 pm »
If you check Tools > Options > Editor > Key Mappings > Text Selection commands:
Toggle Comment in Selection is mapped to Ctrl + /.
Works as expected on Windows.
It's already mapped to Ctrl + / though but Ctrl + Shift + V is working normal.

I'm not sure about VK_OEM but when I select grab in the Key Mapping it detected as NumDiv, i'm not sure what does that mean. It's so weird since if I type it, it does write the exact "/" character. It's kinda weird since my keyboard doesn't have NumLock.

The Slash character (/? key cap) is not the same as the Division symbol (/) on the numeric key pad.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2021, 09:14:20 pm »
As I said, it's about the key (the physical key), not the char that it produces.
Because once you use the ctrl key, there is no "/" produced at all.

It depends on the key layout. And the IDE does not always know what your keys actually are mapped to.

On a German keyboard / is shift-7
But ctrl-shift-7 sets a bookmark, so it can't toggle comments.

AFFRIZA 亜風実

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2021, 09:28:18 pm »
As I said, it's about the key (the physical key), not the char that it produces.
Because once you use the ctrl key, there is no "/" produced at all.

It depends on the key layout. And the IDE does not always know what your keys actually are mapped to.

On a German keyboard / is shift-7
But ctrl-shift-7 sets a bookmark, so it can't toggle comments.
I see, I think KDE Neon configuration messed up my keyboard layout maybe since the Windows works normal. I'll try to reach their community.  :)

Thanks for the help.  ;)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2021, 10:04:11 pm »
Sorry, I forgot the Ctrl - VK_OEM_2 mapping. It shows as '/' in the Key Mappings window indeed.
I have never used it because in my locale keyboard '/' is Shift-7. Ctrl-Shift-7 sets an editor bookmark.
The default requires requires an English keyboard.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

robert rozee

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2021, 05:08:35 am »
in the example file:
/usr/share/lazarus/2.0.12/examples/fontenum.pas

line 375 reads:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   L.Add('abcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz');
ie, is missing the letter 'g'. it should be:
  1.   L.Add('abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz');

a minor cosmetic, but it left me puzzled why upper and lower case lines were different lengths.

cheers,
rob   :-)

dsiders

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2021, 08:22:29 am »
in the example file:
/usr/share/lazarus/2.0.12/examples/fontenum.pas

line 375 reads:
  1.   L.Add('abcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz');
ie, is missing the letter 'g'. it should be:
  1.   L.Add('abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz');

a minor cosmetic, but it left me puzzled why upper and lower case lines were different lengths.

cheers,
rob   :-)

Patch submitted. https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/39480
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2021, 09:09:42 am »
macOS (version independent)

RC2 installs the Lazarus folder in /Applications with the following ownership and permissions which prevents a rebuild by the user:

Code: [Select]
drwxr-xr-x  35 503   admin  1120 31 Oct 19:26 Lazarus
Once that is solved:

Code: [Select]
7.938] Searching file /Users/trev/tmp/project1.res... found
[7.938] Searching file /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/fpcres... not found
[7.938] Searching file /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/FPCRES... not found
[7.938] Searching file /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.2.2/fpcres... not found
[7.938] Searching file /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.2.2/FPCRES... not found
[7.938] Searching file /usr/bin/fpcres... not found
[7.938] Searching file /usr/bin/FPCRES... not found
[7.938] Searching file /bin/fpcres... not found
[7.938] Searching file /bin/FPCRES... not found
[7.938] Searching file /usr/sbin/fpcres... not found
[7.938] Searching file /usr/sbin/FPCRES... not found
[7.938] Searching file /sbin/fpcres... not found
[7.938] Searching file /sbin/FPCRES... not found
[7.938] Error: (9021) resource compiler "fpcres" not found, switching to external mode

Lazarus cannot find fpcres which is installed to /usr/local/bin because it never looks there!

timppl

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2021, 07:27:31 am »
On my machine ( Mageia 8 ) RC2 of 2.2.0 has a problem setting the colour of the gutter in the editor window. If I set it from the Options window, the colour changes correctly, but when Lazarus restarts it is back to the default black ( this is with the Twilight scheme).
The new settings are saved correctly in editoroptions.xml
editoroptions.xml:20:          <ahaGutter Background="clInactiveCaption"/>
editoroptions.xml:21:          <ahaOverviewGutter Background="clSilver" Foreground="clGray" FrameColor="clSkyBlue"/>

I also have 2.0.12 installed, and a daily build of trunk, and each version has its' own configuration directory.

regards

Tim
Mageia 8 Linux on x86

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2021, 07:36:42 am »
On my machine ( Mageia 8 ) RC2 of 2.2.0 has a problem setting the colour of the gutter in the editor window. If I set it from the Options window, the colour changes correctly, but when Lazarus restarts it is back to the default black ( this is with the Twilight scheme).
The new settings are saved correctly in editoroptions.xml
editoroptions.xml:20:          <ahaGutter Background="clInactiveCaption"/>
editoroptions.xml:21:          <ahaOverviewGutter Background="clSilver" Foreground="clGray" FrameColor="clSkyBlue"/>

I also have 2.0.12 installed, and a daily build of trunk, and each version has its' own configuration directory.

1) Do the editoroptions.xml between the 3 installs you have differ (in the color block)?

If you backup your 2.0.12 or trunk editoroptions.xml and copy the RC2 version there => does it work or fail?

2) Is the issue maybe with it being a system color? "clInactiveCaption" => What happen if you set it to ClGrey (or whatever clInactiveCaption should resolve too)?

timppl

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2021, 08:07:11 am »
Hi Martin

The color block is the same in all the files ( except for version number ; 2.0.12 is version 12, the others are version 13).

The RC2 settings work fine in the other versions with the colours being shown correctly.

In RC2 it doesnt matter what colour the gutter is set to, it reverts to black on restart ( but the entry in the colors block does not change ie Lazarus is not writing clBlack in the file )

HTH

Tim
Mageia 8 Linux on x86

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2021, 08:33:03 am »
Can you please attach:

Any file from your userschemes folder.
Your current editoroptions.xml (from the RC)

------------
After that, can you check, if the color option page, when you select the "gutter" color, shows
"The element uses (and edits) the schemes:"
- selected language
- scheme global

Does changing this setting, and then setting the color make a diff?

timppl

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2021, 09:08:06 am »
Martin

Attached is the editoroptions.xml for RC2 (cant attach .xml, so renamed it to .xml.pas).

I set the selected language option and saved it.  Restarting lazaus and the gutter shows as grey  ;D.

Just for fun, I went and changed the gutter colour and selected scheme global. On restart the gutter colour was as selected (clyellow  %) ).

So it seems that having changed to language option, it all works correctly subsequently with either the language or scheme options.

Tim
Mageia 8 Linux on x86

TinyPortal © 2005-2018