Recent

Author Topic: AnchorDockingDsgn in macOS is unreliable  (Read 6871 times)

Grahame Grieve

AnchorDockingDsgn in macOS is unreliable
« on: November 01, 2021, 11:41:54 am »
So I install a fresh copy of OSX. I install AnchorDockingDsgn because I can't stand an undocked IDE (I can't tell you how many Delphi programmers tell me that they won't use Lazarus because of the undocked IDE - this is really a question that should be asked the first time you run).  Anyway, then I sort my layout out just how I want it, and start using Lazarus

Sooner or later - usually sooner - Lazarus suddenly loses the layout, and it seems to think that the screen is twice as wide or something, and the views I put on the right are gone. If there's a way to recover from this happening without re-installing Lazarus, I haven't found out what it is. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Grahame Grieve

Re: AnchorDockingDsgn in macOS is unreliable
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 10:36:45 am »
So here's where I am right now - you can see that the two docks are in the same spot, though one is supposed to be at the top

ccrause

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 12:01:55 pm »
I "fixed" similar issues before on Linux by deleting the Lazarus config folder.  If you want to preserve other settings you have to search for the AnchorDocking settings and delete those from the config.  Make a backup of your settings once it is configured, in case this happens again.

I suspect there is a subtle bug somewhere that results in messed up settings...

Grahame Grieve

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 10:47:48 am »
I'm surprised by this - I regard Lazarus as unusable without anchor docking, and feedback from The Australian Delphi User Group is that most users won't touch Lazarus because it doesn't come that way by default. And anchor docking is completely unusable on MacOS for me. Does no one else have this problem?

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 11:07:04 am »
@Grahame Grieve

And anchor docking is completely unusable on MacOS for me. Does no one else have this problem?
What version of Lazarus? I'm only asking because anchordocking combined with dockedformeditor works fine for me with Lazarus trunk on macOS 10.16 Big Sur(see attached image).

The Australian Delphi User Group is that most users won't touch Lazarus because it doesn't come that way by default.
I found this somewhat ironic. You cannot even install Delphi on macOS. You have to rely on paserver to debug your application.

Grahame Grieve

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 08:44:22 pm »
I'm using trunk lazarus (looking forward to getting off trunk - should try again...)

That's exactly what I want it to look like, but I just can't - i'll lay it out and then bang! it totally loses it's sense of metrics and I can't even find the views, let alone work with it

balazsszekely

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 09:06:24 pm »
I'm using trunk lazarus (looking forward to getting off trunk - should try again...)

That's exactly what I want it to look like, but I just can't - i'll lay it out and then bang! it totally loses it's sense of metrics and I can't even find the views, let alone work with it
Can you please try the following(assuming that anchordocking and dockingformeditor is installed):
1. Download then extract the attached layout
2. Go to Menu->Tools->Desktops...
3. Import the layout via the Import button
4. Make sure that "Default docket is checked"
5. Close the dialog

Grahame Grieve

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 03:12:45 am »
This remains broken. I followed the instructions above, importing that layout, and got this:

Grahame Grieve

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 03:14:57 am »
this is my environment options before and after it went wrong

Grahame Grieve

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 03:15:25 am »
It may have something to do with multiple screens? I have 5 of them...

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 03:33:18 am »
You might should uncheck the "Auto save active desktop" within menu Tools\Desktops
There you also can export the current settings and import when something happen.
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

Dean Qin

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2023, 03:56:20 am »
on my M1 Monterey, both FPC and Lazarus are trunk version, built by Fpcupdeluxe, see attachmenet

uncheck "auto save active desktop" not working, import ide layout not working :( :( :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018