Forum > Windows

Windows users, please test.

(1/2) > >>

dbannon:
Hi Windows users, I would be very grateful if you could please test the attached project, all it does is draw a few extended characters in a TMemo.  The story is I want to use these characters as bullet points but someone as discovered that some systems, perhaps locale dependent, cannot display them.

You should see the image below, in particular the bullets (or symbols) down the left. Nothing fancy needed, should compile and run in just about any Lazarus install.

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : Sorry, I have reattached the project, this time with one I have tested will open with, eg Laz 2.0.10.

Davo

marcov:
Seems ok.

I also tried in native windows mode without utf-8 emulation ( -dDisableUTF8RTL in options and overrides) and then everything is a question mark

dseligo:
Something is wrong with attached project:

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---[Window Title]Cannot compile project [Content]The project has no main source file. [Cancel]
Maybe you have newer Lazarus version, I'm on 2.0.10.

dseligo:
I created new project and added your unit and form and it shows same as marcov screenshot.

I'm on Windows 10,

My locale (result of this powershell command:

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Get-WinSystemLocale | Select-Object Name, DisplayName,                         @{ n='OEMCP'; e={ $_.TextInfo.OemCodePage } },                         @{ n='ACP';   e={ $_.TextInfo.AnsiCodePage } }
) is


--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Name  DisplayName        OEMCP  ACP----  -----------        -----  ---hr-HR Croatian (Croatia)   852 1250

wp:
The project seems to be created by Laz/main or Laz 2.2RC1 which use a new structure of the xml files. Either you, desligo, load it into one of these versions or convert it with the fixlp utility (https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/applications/fixlp/) back to the old format, or you, dbannon, load the project back into Laz/main or 2.2RC1, check "Maximize compatibility of project files" in the project options > Miscellaneous and re-save.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version