Recent

Author Topic: Issues using editor  (Read 6904 times)

tbonejo

Issues using editor
« on: August 30, 2008, 08:43:57 pm »
I installed and am using lazarus just fine but it seems I cannot press the return key to add another blank line for more code or change anything I have.

Its like its a permissions issue but I cant figure out what to do. I dont like that it was installed into the usr path which is hidden from me unless I open up some project or something and when the icon is in the dock right click and choose to show in finder.

Is there a better way to deal with this?

Thanks.

Phil

Re: Issues using editor
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:59 pm »
Quote from: "tbonejo"
I installed and am using lazarus just fine but it seems I cannot press the return key to add another blank line for more code or change anything I have.

Its like its a permissions issue but I cant figure out what to do. I dont like that it was installed into the usr path which is hidden from me unless I open up some project or something and when the icon is in the dock right click and choose to show in finder.

What version of Lazarus are you using? Current Carbon-based snapshot? Also, are you running the PowerPC or Intel version?

I noticed just now that the cursor disappears sometimes in the code editor with a Carbon-based Lazarus, but I'm able to enter blank lines.

Under Editor options, check what font you're using. I believe Monaco is a good font to use.

Also, under Key mappings, choose the OS X scheme. Don't know if either of these will make any difference.

If you can't figure out what's wrong, please post a bug on the Lazarus bug tracker. The Carbon widgetset is at the "alpha" level, so there are issues to  be expected. If you do find a workaround, please report back here.

You can easily get to /usr in Finder by entering /usr with Finder Go | Go to Folder. I usually just drag the lazarus folder from /usr/local/share to my home folder where it's read-write and run it from there.

Thanks.

-Phil

tbonejo

Issues using editor
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:38:34 pm »
My Specs are:

Leopard 10.5.4
Intel Mac

I tried doing what you suggested but my return and delete keys still do not work.

Kind of sucks since I really wanted to try and see how much faster Lazarus would be over Realbasic for an app on OSX. Mostly recursive file search stuff. I know delphi on windows is really fast for this.

Is there a special way to uninstall this? Maybe I could reinstall or something?

Thanks.

Phil

Issues using editor
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:16:55 pm »
Quote from: "tbonejo"
My Specs are:

Leopard 10.5.4
Intel Mac

I tried doing what you suggested but my return and delete keys still do not work.

Kind of sucks since I really wanted to try and see how much faster Lazarus would be over Realbasic for an app on OSX. Mostly recursive file search stuff. I know delphi on windows is really fast for this.

Is there a special way to uninstall this? Maybe I could reinstall or something?

Thanks.

Please choose Help | About in Lazarus and report the following:

- Build date
- FPC version (should be 2.2.2)
- Widgetset used (should be Carbon)

The Lazarus wiki has some information about uninstalling if you want to remove everything:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/OS_X_Programming_Tips#Uninstalling_Lazarus_and_Free_Pascal

But if you only want to remove Lazarus, dragging the /usr/local/share/lazarus folder to the trash should do it. To make sure any settings are removed, you can also delete the ~/.lazarus folder.

If you have a program in Delphi that you want to convert quickly to Lazarus, you might try this toolkit:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/XDev_Toolkit

Thanks.

-Phil

tbonejo

Issues using editor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:29:30 pm »
oops, Im using yesterdays snapshot, I suppose I could try another just in case.

tbonejo

Issues using editor
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 10:39:50 pm »
I downloaded today's snapshot and everything works great.

Lord_ZealoN

• http://lordzealon.com
Issues using editor
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 11:35:39 pm »
How? I downloaded today's snapshot, and I can't click/move any window. I only get response selecting code or pressing Open icon. Components tab doesn't works too. :S

Phil

Issues using editor
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 12:45:15 am »
Quote from: "Lord_ZealoN"
How? I downloaded today's snapshot, and I can't click/move any window. I only get response selecting code or pressing Open icon. Components tab doesn't works too. :S

Maybe you're running the executable rather than the Mac app bundle?

Start lazarus like this:

(1) From command line:  open lazarus.app

-or-

(2) From Finder: Double-click on Lazarus icon for the app, not the executable. If this works, drag it to your Dock so you never have to find it again.

Thanks.

-Phil

TinyPortal © 2005-2018