Recent

Author Topic: IBX 2.4.3 is now available for download  (Read 5747 times)

tonyw

• MWA Software
IBX 2.4.3 is now available for download
« on: October 29, 2021, 12:22:48 pm »
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.3 of IBX for Lazarus. This version rolls together recent bug fixes and is also necessary for compilation with the fixes3_2 branch of the Free Pascal Compiler. The latest FPC fixes branch has added additional elements to TFieldType. Earlier versions of IBX will not compile with this update to TFieldType. You must upgrade to IBX 2.4.3 in order to use the latest version of FPC.

IBX 2.4.3 and the underlying Firebird Pascal API now include support for Firebird scrollable cursors. However, due to a limitation in Firebird (there is no wire protocol implementation for scrollable cursors) this feature is only available for local database connections.

It is available for download from

https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx

jujibo

Re: IBX 2.4.3 is now available for download
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 06:09:13 pm »
Thanks Tony!

kjteng

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 05:42:58 am »
I got this message after installing IBX2.4.3:

"IBX is unable to locate or otherwise load the Firebird
     Library - have you remembered to install it?"

I have re-installed the previous version (IBX2.3) without problem.

Do I have to install firebird first (which was not required in the previous version)?

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 05:31:01 pm »
I got this message after installing IBX2.4.3:

"IBX is unable to locate or otherwise load the Firebird
     Library - have you remembered to install it?"

I have re-installed the previous version (IBX2.3) without problem.

Do I have to install firebird first (which was not required in the previous version)?

This message means that IBX cannot find a working version of the Firebird library when the IDE starts. If you have not installed Firebird before starting the IDE with IBX, then you need to do so and restart the IDE. If you have already installed Firebird then there may be a problem with the current installation and it may be a good idea to re-install Firebird. Note that the Firebird Client Library must match the IDE/Compiler in that if the IDE is 64-bit then the Firebird Client library must also be 64-bit.

IBX 2.4.3 did include a bugfix in this area to avoid crashing the IDE when there was a problem loading the library as opposed to simply finding a dll or shared object with the right name.

armandoboza

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 12:23:38 pm »
Good morning, I have a question that maybe has already been answered, but I couldn't find it on the forum.

In a query when passing a new sql.add after passing a parambyname the parameters are cleared. Is this really how it should work? Is it possible to keep the parameters even passing a sql.add later?

Example:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. with IBQuery1 do
  2.   begin
  3.     Close;
  4.     sql.Clear;
  5.     params.Clear;
  6.     sql.Add('select * from table t');
  7.     sql.Add('where t.id = :ID');
  8.     ParamByName('ID').AsInteger := 1;
  9.     sql.Add('and t.name = :NAME');
  10.     ParamByName('NAME').AsString := 'TEST';
  11.     Open;
  12.   end;

If I put all the parambynames at the end it works, I was just curious about how it works.

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 12:46:07 pm »
It works this way because:

1. ParamByName automatically prepares a query when it is called, if the query has not already been prepared.

2. Updating the SQL property (the query) automatically unprepares a query on the grounds that it cannot tell the difference between a radical change and a minor addition.

3. Unpreparing a query clears the params property on the grounds that the parameter set is unpredictable when the query is re-prepared.

I doubt whether it would be worth the complexity of trying to retain parameter values across a query unprepare/prepare. For example, the update query may change the type of the parameter. Your strategy should be to set the SQL and then set the parameter values.

armandoboza

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 12:56:50 pm »
It works this way because.....

ok, no problem, i just really wanted to know how it works.

Thanks for the quick response.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018