Recent

Author Topic: Problem with fontenum example, same code, different results if different OS's.  (Read 385 times)

jipété

Hi,

playing with the Lazarus/Version/Examples/Fontenum program, I noticed the following :
in Windows 7 I have 8 lines for the Vollkorn font but no styles, no sizes, no StrikeOut, no Underline.
See image 1

In Debian 11.7 the same code only gives 2 lines for the same font but all other fields are filled.
See image 2
((0) in the Apply filter caption is a trick added to display Pitch values.)

How to have same results in both OS's ? Thanks,

And by the way, I've found a function, TfrmMain.GetPitch: integer;, which is never called : a search for "GetPitch" will give you only 2 results...

wp

You mean the Google font at https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Vollkorn? I downloaded the zip, unpacked it into c:\Windows\fonts - and wondered why there was no notification for accessing a protected directory. Then I unzipped the fonts into a temp folder, from which I installed them by right-click and "Install". Now the fonts do show up correctly in the FontEnum project (Win 11).

So, are you sure that the fonts are correctly installed?

jipété

Ooops, sorry, I've forgotten a basic action in Windows world (after 22 years in the Linux world...) : magic reboot !

Everything is fine, now, sorry to bother you.

And thanks for your screenshot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018