Forum > General

[CLOSED] How do I disable the app from closing.

(1/4) > >>

loaded:
Hi All,
With the code below; I prevent the application from closing.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TForm1.FormClose(Sender: TObject; var CloseAction: TCloseAction);begin CloseAction :=caNone;end; But applications such as Taskmanager or Process Explorer can easily close it.
How can I block external shutdown calls?

By the way, there is one more thing I want to know!
Some applications cannot be closed in any way, how do they achieve this, so what is the method?
I would be grateful if you share your knowledge. Respects.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: loaded on October 26, 2021, 07:54:09 am ---But applications such as Taskmanager or Process Explorer can easily close it.
--- End quote ---

That's the purpose of these applications.

--- Quote from: loaded on October 26, 2021, 07:54:09 am ---How can I block external shutdown calls?
--- End quote ---

Please, just don't. There is nothing more annoying than an application that does this and this will turn into an arms race between you and yours users.

loaded:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on October 26, 2021, 08:54:12 am ---Please, just don't. There is nothing more annoying than an application that does this and this will turn into an arms race between you and yours users.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you. Therefore ; You are right to think so.
But I wish I had written my purpose beforehand. ;D
I wanted to make Server-User style control software for controlling computers used by students in School Libraries. While I was reviewing possible scenarios, I wanted to consult you when the possibility of being turned off by talented students arose.
That's the whole point!!!

Mr.Madguy:
Services are usually used to make "hidden" applications. They can't be stopped without admin rights. Everything beyond this - is something like drivers with self-protection, that are used in anti-viruses.

dbannon:
One approach is to have two processes running, each one able to restart the other. But I totally agree with PD, its a bad path to go down. Especially if your target user base is students ...

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version