Forum > Documentation (Maintaining -)

Wiki Article

<< < (2/9) > >>

dbannon:
I agree with marcov, its not a good look to have unfinished, barely started, projects hanging around for a long time on the wiki.  Its not the image we want to cultivate.

Davo

AlexTP:
Better remove it, agreed.

Kays:

--- Quote from: Alextp on October 29, 2021, 01:47:34 pm ---Better remove it, agreed.
--- End quote ---
I think I agree with trev here:

--- Quote from: trev on October 26, 2021, 01:24:50 am ---I think it's useful should someone again desire to setup a similar quest.
--- End quote ---
I agree that you don’t wanna trash someone else’s work unless there are good reasons for abandoning their ideas altogether.

--- Quote from: dbannon on October 29, 2021, 11:46:10 am ---I agree with marcov, its not a good look to have unfinished, barely started, projects hanging around for a long time on the wiki.  Its not the image we want to cultivate.
--- End quote ---
The wiki’s been having a rather conservative deletion policy so far, confer its deletion log and the pages for deletion maintenance category. Should we diverge from this MO, it’s best to codify first what to keep/delete (other than obvious violations/spam/etc.), because I argue there are several, if not many ancient pages hardly worth keeping, yet some people may disagree. I would, for instance, delete 2.4.0 Release preparation because this page has no use for me. Yet what’s useless for one person, might be useful for the other person.

marcov:

--- Quote from: Kays on October 29, 2021, 06:14:52 pm ---for a long time on the wiki.  Its not the image we want to cultivate.
--- End quote ---
The wiki’s been having a rather conservative deletion policy so far, confer its deletion log and the pages for deletion maintenance category. Should we diverge from this MO, it’s best to codify first what to keep/delete (other than obvious violations/spam/etc.), because I argue there are several, if not many ancient pages hardly worth keeping, yet some people may disagree.
[/quote]

I agree that we should be consequent.. Delete those other low quality articles too

--- Quote ---I would, for instance, delete 2.4.0 Release preparation because this page has no use for me. Yet what’s useless for one person, might be useful for the other person.

--- End quote ---

In general, I would keep old release engineering pages. That one however is just old notes and IMHO can be deleted

Zath:
The note says it all quite adequately.

I don't see the point in deleting it because a few members feel it might project the wrong image.
Who's to say someone else doesn't come along, read about the idea and become inspired into creating it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version