Forum > Free Pascal

Preparing FPC 3.2.4, point out road blocks now

<< < (9/12) > >>

jonnybravo:
Thank you, that's great!!  O:-)

BSaidus:
Hi, people,
A question that any one want to be asked ;)
When can we see the 3.2.4 fpc release ??
Thanks for patience.

Thaddy:
Note that, contrary to what was mentioned above, not all new features of main/trunk -  if any - will be in the point/bugfix release 3.2.4 although some things may have been back-ported.
3.2.4 is basically a release based on 3.2.2-fixes a.k.a. 3.2.3. Main/trunk has release target 3.4.0 ( it is suggested maybe even jumping to 4.0.0 because of the many important new compiler features ) and is expected to be released somewhere in the future, without a current release date. Think a year or more. I would be very surprised if  a major release based on main/trunk is released in 2023....
Just so that you are not confused or disappointed when some new features that are in main/trunk are missing in 3.2.4.

DaveR_uk:

--- Quote from: FPK on October 25, 2021, 07:57:25 am ---Currently we are in the process of preparing the 3.2.4 release, mainly by merging stuff from main into fixes. If there are any problems with 3.2.2 prevent you from using 3.2.2, it is now the time to point this out :), i.e. if you are stuck with 3.0.4 for some reasons.

--- End quote ---

That was just over 15 months ago.  Is an FPC 3.2.x bug-fix production release likely any time soon please? Or is FPC going to eventually jump direct to a  major new release?  TWhe recent Lazarus 3.2 is understandably still built against FPC 3.2.2 as the latest stable production release.   An update on possible timescales would be much appreciated.

Where did I get 15 months from ???

ccrause:

--- Quote from: DaveR_uk on March 02, 2024, 10:57:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: FPK on October 25, 2021, 07:57:25 am ---Currently we are in the process of preparing the 3.2.4 release, mainly by merging stuff from main into fixes. If there are any problems with 3.2.2 prevent you from using 3.2.2, it is now the time to point this out :), i.e. if you are stuck with 3.0.4 for some reasons.

--- End quote ---

That was just over 15 months ago.  Is an FPC 3.2.x bug-fix production release likely any time soon please? Or is FPC going to eventually jump direct to a  major new release?  TWhe recent Lazarus 3.2 is understandably still built against FPC 3.2.2 as the latest stable production release.   An update on possible timescales would be much appreciated.

Where did I get 15 months from ???

--- End quote ---
Good question, it has been more than two years since the first post appeared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version