Recent

Author Topic: [Solved] Editor code completion popup listbox is too narrow  (Read 3883 times)

Joanna

[Solved] Editor code completion popup listbox is too narrow
« on: October 13, 2021, 03:26:31 am »
I recently upgraded to the latest laz client and I’m wondering if I did the right thing.

When I’m using the editor , the popup list for auto completion is Too narrow to show some of the longer procedures and functions

Is there a way to make it wider ?
It is truncating things and I can’t see the last part of what I’m selecting

There seems to be a wide gap of blank space  between the descriptor and the procedure names .
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:01:27 am by Joanna »
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
Re: Editor popup listbox is too narrow
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 04:26:33 am »
This is odd, I'm pretty sure there was UI configuration for that.
However, you can just tweak your lazarus configuration file: environmentoptions.xml

Code: XML  [Select][+][-]
  1.       <CompletionWindowOptions>
  2.         <Width Value="320"/>
  3.       </CompletionWindowOptions>
You can change "Value" to whatever is appropriate for your display
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:53:32 am by skalogryz »

Joanna

Re: [solved] Editor popup listbox is too narrow
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 06:00:39 am »
Thanks , that fixed it.i had to quit Lazarus First  to prevent change From being erased.

Do does anyone know how to change the colors inside the completion window ? It seems to be highlighting in read but I can’t find anything for color in the environmentoptions.xml file
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 08:27:32 am by Joanna »
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

Ally

Re: [Solved] Editor code completion popup listbox is too narrow
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 09:22:33 am »
There is also the hatched corner at the bottom right. Click and drag on it, changes the size.

Joanna

Re: [Solved] Editor code completion popup listbox is too narrow
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 07:14:09 am »
Thanks ally  I didn’t even expect or notice that feature

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
Re: [solved] Editor popup listbox is too narrow
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 07:19:16 am »
Do does anyone know how to change the colors inside the completion window ? It seems to be highlighting in read but I can’t find anything for color in the environmentoptions.xml file
should be available in "Colors".

TinyPortal © 2005-2018