Recent

Author Topic: WHICH WEB UI FRAMEWORK IS THE BEST FOR BANKING APPLICATION ?  (Read 2571 times)

shridb

WHICH WEB UI FRAMEWORK IS THE BEST FOR BANKING APPLICATION ?
« on: October 11, 2021, 06:07:00 am »
Dear All ,

Many Thanks for your input for my previous post..!

I am searching/exploring on the below framework by reading document and seeing examples but still I am NOT sure which is best Web GUI framework.

* uniGUI http://www.unigui.com/
  * TMS WebCore http://tmssoftwares/
  * Elevate Web Builder  https://www.elevatesoft.com/products?category=ewb
  * IntraWeb https://www.atozed.com/

Please share your thoughts which will help me to decide the framework.

Thanks
Shridhar

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: WHICH WEB UI FRAMEWORK IS THE BEST FOR BANKING APPLICATION ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 06:27:53 am »
In banking, it is customary to do your own framework... (I have made my career with that).
That said, with the provision I understood your question and you really mean User Interfaces, not banking perse:
I am fond of TMS software. UniGUI might be an option and the other two are - bluntly - crapware.
In essense, what you need to evaluate is which software has the lesser points of failure.
That means it needs to process as much as possible serverside - with shadow servers in place and instant switching - and as less as possible clientside. That also means using as less cookies as possible. In banking, cookies are a risk. Possible exceptions are GUI state - off-line - and install state - on-line.
Good banking software has at least two factor authentication and a third one on install time.

In general, it is not the toolset you will be using, but the software design and test cycle you have in place. And do not store ANY unnecessary information clientside unless absolutely necessary. Cookies in any form, not just classic cookies, are evil by design in most cases: they handle a problem that is not there and about 90% of the time can be replaced with a serverside solution.

I would recommend TMS based solutions, since they are sound and properly maintained. Just make sure you use it correctly with the above explanation in mind.... Always buy a source license. You will need it at some point...

Also note that for banks the software infrastructure is often an eclectic mix of "services" written in many different languages varying from COBOL on old Tandem mainframes to Java, C#, C++, Pascal and Python. And more exotics like 4th generation AI languages... Do not focus on one single language. Make sure your software is bought from reliable suppliers and.... such software is expensive.. We payed in the region of 20.000 euro - yearly - for the Delphi compiler licenses alone, not to mention 100.000's for Oracle clusters and many millions in hardware to run that on... Banking software ain't cheap when done - approximately - right.

Now, suppose you buy TMS software. Make sure they KNOW you create banking applications and also make sure you have a service contract: again, that ain't cheap but it comes with your responsability and compliance to laws and regulations. Your software vendor might need to take insurance for your particular license because normal terms and conditions might be void in view of banking applications, regulations and the law! Hence the expense...

But note the last will not always be done in practise. Larger banks will usually do this, but smaller operations often do not cover their risks properly.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:21:37 am by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Renat.Su

• Renat.Su
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:11:17 am »
In banking, it is customary to do your own framework... (I have made my career with that).
That said, with the provision I understood your question and you really mean User Interfaces, not banking perse:
I am fond of TMS software. UniGUI might be an option and the other two are - bluntly - crapware.
In essense, what you need to evaluate is which software has the lesser points of failure.
That means it needs to process as much as possible serverside - with shadow servers in place and instant switching - and as less as possible clientside. That also means using as less cookies as possible. In banking, cookies are a risk. Possible exceptions are GUI state - off-line - and install state - on-line.
Good banking software has at least two factor authentication and a third one on install time.

In general, it is not the toolset you will be using, but the software design and test cycle you have in place. And do not store ANY unnecessary information clientside unless absolutely necessary. Cookies in any form, not just classic cookies, are evil by design in most cases: they handle a problem that is not there and about 90% of the time can be replaced with a serverside solution.

I would recommend TMS based solutions, since they are sound and properly maintained. Just make sure you use it correctly with the above explanation in mind.... Always buy a source license. You will need it at some point...

Also note that for banks the software infrastructure is often an eclectic mix of "services" written in many different languages varying from COBOL on old Tandem mainframes to Java, C#, C++, Pascal and Python. And more exotics like 4th generation AI languages... Do not focus on one single language. Make sure your software is bought from reliable suppliers and.... such software is expensive.. We payed in the region of 20.000 euro - yearly - for the Delphi compiler licenses alone, not to mention 100.000's for Oracle clusters and many millions in hardware to run that on... Banking software ain't cheap when done - approximately - right.

Now, suppose you buy TMS software. Make sure they KNOW you create banking applications and also make sure you have a service contract: again, that ain't cheap but it comes with your responsability and compliance to laws and regulations. Your software vendor might need to take insurance for your particular license because normal terms and conditions might be void in view of banking applications, regulations and the law! Hence the expense...

But note the last will not always be done in practise. Larger banks will usually do this, but smaller operations often do not cover their risks properly.
An interesting case. Thanks. Regarding cookies, it is not entirely clear: how are web sessions possible at all without a case?

Renat.Su

• Renat.Su
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 09:12:39 am »
  * uniGUI http://www.unigui.com/
I thought uniGUI didn't have Lazarus/FreePascal support

Thaddy

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 09:18:11 am »
web sessions maintenance is also possible with finger printing (and serverside storage by implication, it is also more secure - but at a small cost - loss of session may be not as easy to recover in border cases) . Session management therefor does not rely on cookies, technically. It does not hurt when done properly, though. Don't leave trails/bread crubms after a session is ended. Banking software is not your average software.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:25:15 am by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

BSaidus

• lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 09:20:30 am »
Hello.
Try to use
      1. https://synopse.info/fossil/wiki/Synopse+OpenSource.
                    It is wonderfull
      2. https://sourceforge.net/projects/rest-dataware-componentes/files/

Hope helps.
lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
dhukmucmur vernadh!

Thaddy

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 09:26:26 am »
1. would be usable for smaller applications (more like middleware)
2. dunno.
I use 1. for private applications, but would not use it for banking.
I explained why. In general a serious bank's software budget is not a boundary you will have to consider crossing. What you need to consider are 4 things: Security, Law, Regulations and maintainability.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:31:54 am by Thaddy »

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 01:03:44 pm »
Having a topic subject in all capitals is the digital equivalent of shouting.
Please don't do that.

Bart

cpalx

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 01:16:57 am »
i wrote you inbox.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018