Recent

Author Topic: Is it possible to run batch file with a keypress ?  (Read 2017 times)

egsuh

Is it possible to run batch file with a keypress ?
« on: October 08, 2021, 08:14:42 am »
On Windows 10,

I'd like to run some specific applications (e.g. FCGI or HTTPServer application) in following way:

- first stop the server
- Compile the file
- Start the server

with just pressing F9,  etc.

Is this possible?

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: Is it possible to run batch file with a keypress ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 08:58:30 am »
I think so - see Project Options > Compiler Options for optional Execute BEFORE and Execute AFTER commands.

devEric69

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 01:45:46 pm »
As already said, in Options for project, Compiler commands, just check (on)"Build" in (on)"Execute after", and paste your command line in order to call your *.bat file. For information (under Linux anyway) the script cannot be interactive e.g. "read sResponse; case "$sResponse ...\...". I'm using one, just to copy and paste the compiled *.elf into a kind of "files server directory" (could be a "CGI-bin directory"). And the last script's echo cmd should\will be displayed at the end\after of the compilation, in the Lazarus IDE itself.
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

egsuh

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 10:38:21 am »
Thank you for your replies.
I have set up the "Compiler Command" options. 
I cannot enter all the command directly. My command is:

d:\nssm\nssm.exe stop aqrun 

But using above command directly in the ExecuteBefore.command did not work. I tried to quote with single quotation and double quotation, but none of them worked.

So, I put my command in the batch file named StartAQRun.bat, and called it in the BeforeExecute.command. This works.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018