Forum > General

Sharing same source file in two projects

<< < (2/10) > >>

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: prof7bit on October 03, 2021, 11:50:16 am ---Try Run|Build instead of Run|Compile.

--- End quote ---

Didn't make any difference in my case.

MarkMLl

prof7bit:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on October 03, 2021, 11:58:23 am ---
--- Quote from: prof7bit on October 03, 2021, 11:50:16 am ---Try Run|Build instead of Run|Compile.

--- End quote ---
Didn't make any difference in my case.

--- End quote ---
Then I would clearly consider it a bug.

egsuh:
You can change the output directory any time --- now, I guess.

prof7bit:

--- Quote from: egsuh on October 03, 2021, 12:03:48 pm ---You can change the output directory any time --- now, I guess.

--- End quote ---
This treats the symptom, but not the underlying cause.
It is wasting disk space and increasing CO2 production and warming the climate by needlessly compiling all units twice that do not have that ifdef.

wp:
Cannot confirm the issue with the demo projects using Laz-main/fpc-main, Laz 2.0.8/FPC 3.0.4, Laz 1.8.4/FPC 3.0.4, all 32 bit on Win 10 (64bit). I am compiling with F9; I almost never use "Run/Compile" because it compiles only the current file.

Thought that the define LCL is maybe more important for the IDE than others. So, I replaced the {$IFNDEF LCL} by {$IFNDEF USE_LCL}, and defined "USE_LCL" in the gui project's compiler options ("Custom Options") so that it is valid all over the project. This way I could reproduce the issue for one time, but after a "Build" (Shift F9) it does not appear again whatever I do...

So there must be something else missing to trigger the issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version