Recent

Author Topic: Adding all packages,components and libraries like in Codetyphoon  (Read 5820 times)

sheeptheanarchist

Adding all packages,components and libraries like in Codetyphoon
« on: September 27, 2021, 03:24:38 pm »
Hello, all. I am newbie to programming and newbie at here..
I searched what i am gonna ask but found no clue.. Somehow if my question has been asked before, i am really sorry
I want to ask that is that any easy way to use Lazarus with all packages, components and libraries like in codetyphoon.
I want to make programs for windows for begining..
Thank you in advance for replying me kindly

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Adding all packages,components and libraries like in Codetyphoon
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 03:27:26 pm »
Did you try the online package manager?

Last entry in the menu "package"

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »
Whenever i try online package manager, downloads all contents but doesnt compile or install lots of packages/components

wp

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 03:45:27 pm »
Why do you want "all" components - 99% of them you will never need. Every unneeded package is a burden to the IDE. A single unmaintained buggy package can stop you from working. Every package to be installed increases the building time for the IDE. - I try to keep my IDE as slim as possible.

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 04:05:45 pm »
I want because i want to try all of them to make experience for myself and learn how to use.. when i will be experienced like you i will do that way like yours

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 04:08:09 pm »
Whenever i try online package manager, downloads all contents but doesnt compile or install lots of packages/components

It always says unable to create eyecandycontrolz zip bla bla.. i also have enough hdd space

balazsszekely

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 04:50:47 pm »
Hi sheeptheanarchist,

It always says unable to create eyecandycontrolz zip bla bla.. i also have enough hdd space
What is your Lazarus/FPC version? OS, widgetset? It looks like a permission issue to me. You can also download the packages and install it manually.

wp

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 04:52:40 pm »
"download all contents" - does this mean you want to install "all" packages in one run? What bitness is your IDE since the 32-bit IDE will definitely run out of memory. 64-bit could work depending on the amount of memory on your system, but I doubt if anybody has ever done this. I also fear that some rarely used packages are not well-maintained and could break the building process.

"download all contents but does not compile or install" - I don't know what you are doing, but this sounds to me that you are not using Online-Package-Manager in the correct way. In order to install a package from OPM, simply set the checkbox of the package in the OPM list and click "Install". Everything else will be done automatically; you will only have to confirm to rebuild the IDE.

Just installed the EyeCandyControls, and it worked correctly.

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 05:55:06 pm »
Hi sheeptheanarchist,

What is your Lazarus/FPC version? OS, widgetset? It looks like a permission issue to me. You can also download the packages and install it manually.

Lazarus recent version, i ve just downloaded it. Os is Win 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.my os and cpu is x64 and i use x64 edition of lazarus
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:01:34 pm by sheeptheanarchist »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 06:12:19 pm »
So, what are the exact steps you do?

Because if you are *installing* all packages, then EyeCandy might be about a quarter down the list (depends on dependencies...).
That would mean that everything before was processed (not necessary installed).

What happens if You just try to install one package? Or maybe 5 in one go?

unable to create eyecandycontrolz zip
Are you sure that is the exact error?

Because I can not find that text in the source code.
I can find:
"Cannot create zip file:"

Now, I am not an expert on the OnlinePackage manager, but I have an inkling this may be an error you get when you create a package, rather than when you install it. If so (and I may be wrong) then you pressed the wrong button somewhere [1].
=> Hence, what are the exact steps you do....

Which might mean OPM can maybe be improved to be easier to use... Don't know. But again, we first need to understand were it goes wrong.

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 06:33:11 pm »
So, what are the exact steps you do?

Because if you are *installing* all packages, then EyeCandy might be about a quarter down the list (depends on dependencies...).
That would mean that everything before was processed (not necessary installed).

What happens if You just try to install one package? Or maybe 5 in one go?

unable to create eyecandycontrolz zip
Are you sure that is the exact error?

Because I can not find that text in the source code.
I can find:
"Cannot create zip file:"

Now, I am not an expert on the OnlinePackage manager, but I have an inkling this may be an error you get when you create a package, rather than when you install it. If so (and I may be wrong) then you pressed the wrong button somewhere [1].
=> Hence, what are the exact steps you do....

Which might mean OPM can maybe be improved to be easier to use... Don't know. But again, we first need to understand were it goes wrong.
Now i am trying setup from the begining on another computer.. I will write all steps one by one if i will be failed again

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 07:04:51 pm »
well...nothing has changed after all..
now i tried on a newly windows installed machine with clean setup of lazarus and now i havent checked all the boxes at online package manager.. just one and here is the result shown on that ss...cannot install package.. continue with next one?

by the way i have 16 gig of ddr4ram with i7 6700hq cpu

wp

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 07:24:44 pm »
To which directory did you install Lazarus? Don't install to "c:\Program files", you don't have write access as normal user here, but you need write access when you want to install packages.
------------
BGRABitmapPack is a runtime package which can only be "compiled" but not "installed". But I just checked its installation with OPM and I see that OPM detects this and does not attempt to "install" it. I am clueless what you are doing...

Please try a simpler package:Try CalLite which I wrote myself and which is definitely working. Check it in OPM, the package callight_pkg.lpk will then be checked automatically. Then click "Install". On v2.0.12 you get the option the "Install from repository" or "Install from external source"  - select the first one. After a while you will be asked whether the IDE should be recompiled. Confirm this. Now the entire IDE is recompiled which will take some time. When finished the IDE restarts and you find the TCalendarLite component on the "Misc" palette.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 07:30:31 pm »
"ppc386"

It seems somewhere in some settings there is a setup to cross compile to32 bits.
Of course that does not work (as you have not / nor should you need to - installed a 32 bit compiler)

Now you set a clean install / on a new windows.
So presumingly there were not even any old Lazarus configs (because they are kept, even if you unistall ).

Maybe the project you loaded "ct2laz" is set for cross-bitness compilation.
If that is what is causing it, then IMHO there is a bug in OPM.

Anyway: menu: Project > Project settings => "Config and Target", and all drop downs (3 of them, under "Target platform) to default.

sheeptheanarchist

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 08:00:21 pm »
well i thought same and installed lazarus again deleted everything and opened opm again. i Tried CalLite and done what wp told. it worked. then i tried zeosdb too.. it worked.. then i tried rx but boom.. same error again.. i really do not know what i am doing wrong but i am fed up :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018