Recent

Author Topic: Can't print via WiFi connected printer  (Read 1723 times)

Bert_Plitt

Can't print via WiFi connected printer
« on: October 09, 2021, 07:47:52 pm »
Hello All -- Can anyone tell me why I get an error when trying to print to a printer with a wireless connection but not with a USB or ethernet connection.  The attached sample project prints fine on my Epson ET-2700 via the USB connection, but produces "Error printing on Epson" via the wireless connection.  The demo uses the Printer.Canvas.TextOut function.  Is there a special setting needed somewhere to allow printing via WiFi connection?

I'm on Windows 10, Lazarus ver 2.2.0 RC1, FPC ver 3.2.2
Windows 10, Lazarus 2.2.2, FPC 3.2.2

jamie

Re: Can't print via WiFi connected printer
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 10:16:09 pm »
What does the name of the Wifi printer look like in the windows tray ?

Are you reselecting the printer other than using the default printer ?
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Bert_Plitt

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 12:11:29 am »
Jamie -- Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure what you're asking.  The attachment is two screen shots of the two printer selections (from a Lazarus dialog box).  One prints OK the other produces a 'Cannot print' error.  Neither is the default printer in my setup.  BTW - Both printer names are ones that I entered, so I would not think the names are significant to the problem.

mica

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 02:45:58 am »
hmmm WSD connection .... try TCP connection

WSD always makes problems

Bert_Plitt

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 03:09:29 am »
Mica -- I don't know how to change to TCP.  The current connection was magically done automatically by the router and printer.  And by-the-way, all other applications on my PC print just fine via the WiFi connection shown, which makes me think it's a Lazarus bug.

jamie

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 03:38:13 am »
Jamie -- Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure what you're asking.  The attachment is two screen shots of the two printer selections (from a Lazarus dialog box).  One prints OK the other produces a 'Cannot print' error.  Neither is the default printer in my setup.  BTW - Both printer names are ones that I entered, so I would not think the names are significant to the problem.

The path looks like a IPV6 which also looks like it's incomplete with maybe some corruption in play.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018