Forum > Documentation (Maintaining -)

TDateTime - Warning: This entry is not correct

<< < (2/2)

dbannon:
No, sorry to differ but that is still not right. We are at serious risk of some angry face icons....

TDateTime is a combination of a date and a time. The attributes are: year, month, day (to get the day in this first part); hour, minute, second, millisecond (to encode the time in this second part).

A TDateTime is a double, I don't think it has any date or time specif attributes, instead we should say -

TDateTime is stored as a  double, the integer part representing days and the fractional part being fraction of a day. Methods exist in Sysutils (datetimeroutines) that allow reading, writing and calculating with TDateTime, converting to and from a number of formats.

If no one objects, I will make that change.

Davo   

dsiders:

--- Quote from: dbannon on September 25, 2021, 02:09:01 am ---No, sorry to differ but that is still not right. We are at serious risk of some angry face icons....

TDateTime is a combination of a date and a time. The attributes are: year, month, day (to get the day in this first part); hour, minute, second, millisecond (to encode the time in this second part).

A TDateTime is a double, I don't think it has any date or time specif attributes, instead we should say -

TDateTime is stored as a  double, the integer part representing days and the fractional part being fraction of a day. Methods exist in Sysutils (datetimeroutines) that allow reading, writing and calculating with TDateTime, converting to and from a number of formats.

If no one objects, I will make that change.

Davo

--- End quote ---

Any particular reason for not submitting it as a patch to the official docs?

dbannon:
I want to get it right, and agreed right (still worried about those angry face icons) first.

The official docs (ie F1 help) is almost completely empty.

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version