Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Forum user messed up?  (Read 2602 times)

Zoë

[SOLVED] Forum user messed up?
« on: September 15, 2021, 08:24:56 pm »
Forum admin:

Currently if I click on a user's name in the forum to view their profile it gives me this error message:

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

Also, in the past I've successfully received and responded to private messages.  This morning I got a private message from a user (alextp) and in the email the forum sent, there was a link labeled "Reply to this Personal Message here: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox...".  If I click on it I get a similar error:

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to send personal messages.

Clicking on "Sent Messages" on the sidebar when I'm in my messages inbox gives the same error. 

Is my user profile messed up or did I somehow get stuck in a restricted user group?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:13:33 pm by Zoë »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Forum user messed up?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 09:13:49 pm »
In the recent past, rules for new users were tightened to restrict spam. Those are based on the post count.

So if your "in the past being able" is further back, then that changed. I bumped your post count, so you should be ok now.

There are no personal restriction to your account.

Zoë

Re: Forum user messed up?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:13:14 pm »
Excellent, thank you.  Yeah, they were back in 2017-2019.  I use the mailing list/bug tracker for most of my FPC/Laz stuff, so I don't post here frequently.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018