Forum > FPC development

How to contribute?

(1/1)

piola:
Please apologize my query and don't be too angry on me   O:-)

I have read the various wiki-entries about FPC now using git and have searched the forum, but haven't found a useful guide yet. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

In short: I want to contribute to FPC. The usual git workflow is (as far as I know) to create a fork, do whatever changes there and finally send a pull request. Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do that with FPC? Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

marcov:
Afaik: fork FPC with your gitlab account, and then pull that locally.

Then push your changes back to your gitlab account, and then use gitlab to create a pull request.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: piola on September 06, 2021, 03:16:28 pm ---Please apologize my query and don't be too angry on me   O:-)

I have read the various wiki-entries about FPC now using git and have searched the forum, but haven't found a useful guide yet. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

In short: I want to contribute to FPC. The usual git workflow is (as far as I know) to create a fork, do whatever changes there and finally send a pull request. Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do that with FPC? Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

--- End quote ---

You can still submit patches to the issue tracker too.

FPK:

--- Quote from: piola on September 06, 2021, 03:16:28 pm ---Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

--- End quote ---

In general yes but not necessarily all :) So if you submit a pull request which replaces begin by { and end by } it will be for sure rejected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version