Recent

Author Topic: How to contribute?  (Read 2528 times)

piola

• Lazarus 2.2, 64bit on Windows 8.1 x64
How to contribute?
« on: September 06, 2021, 03:16:28 pm »
Please apologize my query and don't be too angry on me   O:-)

I have read the various wiki-entries about FPC now using git and have searched the forum, but haven't found a useful guide yet. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

In short: I want to contribute to FPC. The usual git workflow is (as far as I know) to create a fork, do whatever changes there and finally send a pull request. Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do that with FPC? Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: How to contribute?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »
Afaik: fork FPC with your gitlab account, and then pull that locally.

Then push your changes back to your gitlab account, and then use gitlab to create a pull request.

dsiders

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 04:47:56 pm »
Please apologize my query and don't be too angry on me   O:-)

I have read the various wiki-entries about FPC now using git and have searched the forum, but haven't found a useful guide yet. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

In short: I want to contribute to FPC. The usual git workflow is (as far as I know) to create a fork, do whatever changes there and finally send a pull request. Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do that with FPC? Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

You can still submit patches to the issue tracker too.
Lazarus 2.0.12, 2.2.0, 2.2.2, 2.3.0 (Git) / FPC 3.2.0, 3.2.2, 3.3.1 / x86 64-bit / Windows 8.1
Preview Lazarus 2.3.0 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

FPK

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 07:15:11 pm »
Does FPC accept pull requests at all?

In general yes but not necessarily all :) So if you submit a pull request which replaces begin by { and end by } it will be for sure rejected.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018