Recent

Author Topic: What you're doing using Lazarus?  (Read 22330 times)

prof7bit

Re: What you're doing using Lazarus?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2021, 04:51:23 pm »
PC applications to assist in developing embedded devices:

* wrapper for JLink to upload firmware to the devices
* wrapper for our own programming- and test-adapter
* bootloader client for our bootloader to upload firmware to the devices
* A subset of IO-Link master functionality to interface with IO-Link devices
* GUI-Tools that assist during firmware development and debugging, to interface with the device, log realtime data and control various functions
* GUI-Tools using any of the above to automate production, calibration and testing of the products
* GUI-Tool to control a 5 axis Flash- and Test robot
* GUI-Tool to control a 6 axis (2 of them dispense pumps) potting glue dispenser
* Firmware-updater or configuration-tools to ship to customers

Currently working with 3 developers on these various projects.

When we are not using Lazarus/FPC for GUI stuff we are using C (for the firmware) and Python (for various scripting stuff, code generators, etc).

Everything (Developer workstations and production machines) is running on Linux.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 05:00:52 pm by prof7bit »

Sanem

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2021, 10:53:59 am »

* GUI-Tools that assist during firmware development and debugging, to interface with the device, log realtime data and control various functions
* GUI-Tools using any of the above to automate production, calibration and testing of the products
* GUI-Tool to control a 6 axis (2 of them dispense pumps) potting glue dispenser

When we are not using Lazarus/FPC for GUI stuff we are using C (for the firmware) and Python (for various scripting stuff, code generators, etc).

Everything (Developer workstations and production machines) is running on Linux.

Nice these are pretty good usages, Can I see a preview or link or anything to demonstrate these usages?

prof7bit

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2021, 11:27:18 am »

Nice these are pretty good usages, Can I see a preview or link or anything to demonstrate these usages?

These are all tools for internal use in the company only, and even the firmware updater I talked about (it implemented a TFTP server to update the firmware of a Toradex SBC) was for use by the contracting entity only, so I cannot share it.

The only thing so far that has publicly come from it so far is my hidapi binding (which I am using to access some of our usb connected internal gizmos) is here: https://github.com/prof7bit/HIDAPI.pas (and the counterpart on the device which implements a HID device driver on a KL25Z (NXP Kinetis) is here: https://github.com/prof7bit/frdm-kl25z-minimal-usb-hid

And some early stuff from me that was used when we still used AVR and the only means to debug was UART was this: https://github.com/prof7bit/DebugTerminal (now unmaintained, I don't use it anymore)

I am trying to help the FPC/Lazarus projects as best as I can with bug reports or merge requests, because I rely on these tools every day, and I want them to become better every day. Sometimes I spend entire days of company time to hunt down a Lazarus bug or bisect a regression to help fixing it because we all need it to function properly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:38:20 am by prof7bit »

Sanem

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2021, 04:11:36 pm »
Mainly, I use Lazarus in my projects associated with micro-controller: with the Pascal software (only Windows) I can design sequences to control some light and servomotors to do some animations. These sequences are then injected into the code of the micro-controller.
I also developt some application for entertainment purposes

I'm interested in your entertainment applications ;)
Can I see a link or preview or sth like that

Sanem

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2021, 04:22:39 pm »
Hobby program to play Othello (Reversi).  Mostly satisfied now but still tweak it when an idea comes to mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversi

That's cool, can I see it?

Mr.Madguy

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2021, 01:08:35 pm »
Sudden task - video surveillance system, based on libvlc. It works. At least 64bit version. 32bit one reports out of memory. The biggest problem - my program hangs, when running in IDE. So, no debugging. Just writing working code straight way.
Is it healthy for project not to have regular stable releases?
Just for fun: Code::Blocks, GCC 13 and DOS - is it possible?

MarkMLl

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2021, 02:01:18 pm »
Sudden task - video surveillance system, based on libvlc. It works. At least 64bit version. 32bit one reports out of memory. The biggest problem - my program hangs, when running in IDE. So, no debugging. Just writing working code straight way.

There was a thread a few weeks (?) ago relating to this. I think it got to the point where it was agreed that a program worked using the IDE's "Run without debugging" facility, but I can't remember whether anybody explicitly tested a different debugger (i.e. fpdebug rather than gdb).

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

Mimmo

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2021, 02:47:45 pm »
A customs management system with a special focus on food and perishable goods for my company.

zamtmn

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2021, 07:29:57 pm »
I use Lazarus to write CAD program. Four CAD different programs are already being written on Lazarus by different people))

El Salvador

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2021, 08:09:05 pm »
I use Lazarus for the development of a cross platform and open source application launcher. I used to use Delphi, but in the last year I have ported the source code to FPC + Lazarus and have finally ported everything to Linux with no major problems.

Mr.Madguy

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2021, 08:13:49 am »
There was a thread a few weeks (?) ago relating to this. I think it got to the point where it was agreed that a program worked using the IDE's "Run without debugging" facility, but I can't remember whether anybody explicitly tested a different debugger (i.e. fpdebug rather than gdb).

MarkMLl
Somehow it's related to problems with threads, as, I guess, libvlc creates separate threads for it's players. Everything works, if only one player is used. But several players hang as soon, as they start playing. How can I switch to other debugger in Lazarus?
Is it healthy for project not to have regular stable releases?
Just for fun: Code::Blocks, GCC 13 and DOS - is it possible?

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2021, 12:05:42 pm »
Right now I have all projects on halt due to lack of time but I'm with 3 different things:

An IDE.  I think I can release a fist alpha version right now.  It's called Multi Language Scriptable Development Environment (MLSDE).  The project website.

The Allegro.pas (AKA Allegro4Pascal), a wrapper to use the Allegro game library with Free Pascal and Delphi.  Also I should release a new version with the latest additions and fixes. The project website.

And finally, the Mingro Game Engine, designed to create old-school games.  Version 1.a.4 were quite complete but I'm rewriting from scratch because the component-based design didn't help so next 1.a.5 will have a more classic design (using static classes and a few objects though). The project website.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:16:23 am by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

krolikbest

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2021, 01:20:12 pm »
Few days ago completed an application that manages the work of a robotic arm. See this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdPu8XA_B-Y. This is my hardware platform to develop some control algorithm/procedures/functions. Thanks some people from THIS forum was possible to start years ago experiments with Rapsberry Pi. Thanks.

Greetings

krolikbest

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2021, 05:25:36 pm »
GUI on RAS, talk with four ATMega328 (i2c).

cpalx

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2022, 05:01:39 am »
A complete bank solution software.

https://infinitus.pe
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 06:37:33 am by cpalx »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018