Recent

Author Topic: What you're doing using Lazarus?  (Read 22260 times)

noszone

Re: What you're doing using Lazarus?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2021, 01:09:17 pm »
I found Lazarus very useful, I used him to create various tools. Starting from system, db, networking tools and ends with mass calculation of values in excel files.

Right now doing an updater tool for DB structure with some encryption.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:11:02 pm by noszone »

ccrause

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2021, 01:18:25 pm »
Thank you all,
Please provide a link or reference to your projects if it's possible.
Regards
There is a long list of projects on the wiki.  This thread has however yielded some new projects not yet captured in the wiki.

BlueIcaro

• Blog personal
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2021, 02:31:40 pm »
For the FPC embedded lovers.
Lots of Wio Terminals running battery measurement app build with FPC and Lazarus with target FreeRTOS+ARM.
Wio Terminals report through USB HID towards main FPC/Lazarus application.
(https://github.com/michael-ring/mbf-freertos)
(https://www.seeedstudio.com/Wio-Terminal-p-4509.html)

:o :o :o :o
I love embedded systems. Fpc+Lazarus always always amazes me. I have to spend more time investigating FPC+embedded.

In other way I use Lazarus+FPC to make tools to make my work easy. Usually apps to check/repair/analize programs from industrial machines. Always for me use or internal use in my job.

Now I convinced my boss, that we can make more things. Recently I made a app that works with industrial camera from Allied Vision manufacters, and comunique with a python app because we use IA to check the photos for a customer. I have to say, that at the begining of this project, my boss said me that we should use python for all app. But I make some test I demonstrated that FPC is faster and easy to comunicate with the camera. Our test in nvidia jetson nano, FPC vs Python was that FPC was around 10 times faster. And a important thing, was tha FPC used a lot of less memory that pyhton. And manage very good  and fast the garbage. Pyhton takes time to remove garbage, only with it idle. And that was not good for us, because jetson nano has limited resource, and our app had to run with out idle because the industrial process was fast, around 10 pieces per minute.

Unfortunately I could not use FPC for IA recognition, so that part of the app was written in Pyhton. And finally we had to move every thing to PC, because python eats a lot resources. And of course I had not programning again, i only compiled  :-X

Actually I making a app to control a ABB robot using webservices which use Rest api.

The main reason for use Lazarus+FPC because is easy to easy, good results and free. Other comercial solutions can not considered, because we are not a software company and our maket is industrial machines. So buy a comercial solution is not profitable. Also I learned Pascal in the school (also C, Cobol, etc) since I love Pascal.

/BlueIcaro

Sanem

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2021, 12:39:29 pm »
Thank you all,
Please provide a link or reference to your projects if it's possible.
Regards
There is a long list of projects on the wiki.  This thread has however yielded some new projects not yet captured in the wiki.

Yeah, sure I've seen that thanks, actually I'm thinking of adding some of these to that wiki page if that was okay ;)

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2021, 12:50:47 pm »
@Sanem,

Yeah, sure I've seen that thanks, actually I'm thinking of adding some of these to that wiki page if that was okay

You should contact directly the authors of any projects you would like to add to the wiki. One of mine is already there, I will myself include others in due time.

Regards,
UCSD Pascal / Burroughs 6700 / Master Control Program
Delphi 7.0 Personal Edition
Lazarus 2.0.12 - FPC 3.2.0 on GNU/Linux Mint 19.1, Lubuntu 18.04, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 Home

Sanem

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2021, 01:06:45 pm »
Yeah sure, I would definitely do that first. thanks for the tip

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2021, 04:25:05 am »
GUI wrappers, microservices, smart home controller, router firmware upgrade packages grabber, etc.

damieiro

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2021, 12:07:45 pm »
Not a Lazarus user, a FPC user.

Low level programming. I use FPC instead of C/C++.

Hobby programming.
Making Gui wrappers (doing a GL3.3 with GLFW and other with SDL2), universal primitives, graphical consoles and a framework with correct memory bookeeping to avoid memory holes/leaks. Then, to conquest the world  >:D

I'm making some beginner's starting tools to make my teenager son for programing. And avoid Pythons and bad starting points.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 12:09:56 pm by damieiro »

w click

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2021, 08:55:35 pm »
I'm just writing a small program to organise my daily checklist, but it's started branching out to automate some backing up and word counting for my fiction writing.  It's a case of I wonder if I can add this and then maybe that.

MarkMLl

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2021, 09:17:48 pm »
It's a case of I wonder if I can add this and then maybe that.

As one does :-)

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

maurobio

• Ecology is everything.
    • GitHub
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2021, 11:05:31 pm »
I'm just writing a small program to organise my daily checklist, but it's started branching out to automate some backing up and word counting for my fiction writing.  It's a case of I wonder if I can add this and then maybe that.

Hi,

Maybe this would be of interest to you: http://librejo.sourceforge.net/. It's written in FPC/Lazarus, of course!  ;)

With best wishes,
UCSD Pascal / Burroughs 6700 / Master Control Program
Delphi 7.0 Personal Edition
Lazarus 2.0.12 - FPC 3.2.0 on GNU/Linux Mint 19.1, Lubuntu 18.04, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 Home

Sanem

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2021, 09:25:09 am »
I use Lazarus already for 15 years to develop and maintain a complete aircraft workshop administration for our aeroclub and also to develop all kind of database programs for private use.

@JanRoza

That's nice, can I see a link or preview?

Sanem

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2021, 09:26:48 am »
I'm using Lazarus for any programming project that takes my fancy. Nothing specific during the past 12 months (busy with making clocks/music-boxes) but over the previous 6 or so years I've built :
A complete Accounting suit which grew out of a need to simplify my Invoice creation,
A transparent Clock/Calendar,
A Half Hunter Pocket watch with animated balance wheel and movement
Data logging programs for Health, Solar Energy and Vehicle Costs,
Quick universal calculators for regularly needed maths problems (Triangle etc.)
Solar system/Orbiting body display
Graphic animation of a 4 stroke ICE

These are pretty cool tools, Can I see a link or preview?

Sanem

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2021, 09:48:38 am »
I use Lazarus to work on FPC itself and also some tools (GUI and command line) here and there for my own use. :)

Edit: oh and at work I built a web service for our build system consisting of a fpWeb backend and a pas2js frontend. :D

Cool, Can I see a link or preview from pas2js stuff you worked on?

cpicanco

• Behavioral Scientist and Programmer
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2021, 04:01:43 pm »
I am using lazarus to write programs to control my (and other researchers) behavioral experiments.
Be mindful and excellent with each other.
https://github.com/cpicanco/

TinyPortal © 2005-2018