Recent

Author Topic: What you're doing using Lazarus?  (Read 12854 times)

cpicanco

• Programmer and Behavioral Scientist
    • Portfolio
Re: What you're doing using Lazarus?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2021, 04:01:43 pm »
I am using lazarus to write programs to control my (and other researchers) behavioral experiments.

prof7bit

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2021, 04:51:23 pm »
PC applications to assist in developing embedded devices:

* wrapper for JLink to upload firmware to the devices
* wrapper for our own programming- and test-adapter
* bootloader client for our bootloader to upload firmware to the devices
* A subset of IO-Link master functionality to interface with IO-Link devices
* GUI-Tools that assist during firmware development and debugging, to interface with the device, log realtime data and control various functions
* GUI-Tools using any of the above to automate production, calibration and testing of the products
* GUI-Tool to control a 5 axis Flash- and Test robot
* GUI-Tool to control a 6 axis (2 of them dispense pumps) potting glue dispenser
* Firmware-updater or configuration-tools to ship to customers

Currently working with 3 developers on these various projects.

When we are not using Lazarus/FPC for GUI stuff we are using C (for the firmware) and Python (for various scripting stuff, code generators, etc).

Everything (Developer workstations and production machines) is running on Linux.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 05:00:52 pm by prof7bit »

Sanem

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2021, 10:53:59 am »

* GUI-Tools that assist during firmware development and debugging, to interface with the device, log realtime data and control various functions
* GUI-Tools using any of the above to automate production, calibration and testing of the products
* GUI-Tool to control a 6 axis (2 of them dispense pumps) potting glue dispenser

When we are not using Lazarus/FPC for GUI stuff we are using C (for the firmware) and Python (for various scripting stuff, code generators, etc).

Everything (Developer workstations and production machines) is running on Linux.

Nice these are pretty good usages, Can I see a preview or link or anything to demonstrate these usages?
Lazarus trunk 2.1.0, FPC 3.3.1
Windows 10 64x, macOS Catalina 10.15, Linux Zorin 15.2 - Manjaro

prof7bit

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2021, 11:27:18 am »

Nice these are pretty good usages, Can I see a preview or link or anything to demonstrate these usages?

These are all tools for internal use in the company only, and even the firmware updater I talked about (it implemented a TFTP server to update the firmware of a Toradex SBC) was for use by the contracting entity only, so I cannot share it.

The only thing so far that has publicly come from it so far is my hidapi binding (which I am using to access some of our usb connected internal gizmos) is here: https://github.com/prof7bit/HIDAPI.pas (and the counterpart on the device which implements a HID device driver on a KL25Z (NXP Kinetis) is here: https://github.com/prof7bit/frdm-kl25z-minimal-usb-hid

And some early stuff from me that was used when we still used AVR and the only means to debug was UART was this: https://github.com/prof7bit/DebugTerminal (now unmaintained, I don't use it anymore)

I am trying to help the FPC/Lazarus projects as best as I can with bug reports or merge requests, because I rely on these tools every day, and I want them to become better every day. Sometimes I spend entire days of company time to hunt down a Lazarus bug or bisect a regression to help fixing it because we all need it to function properly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:38:20 am by prof7bit »

Sanem

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2021, 04:11:36 pm »
Mainly, I use Lazarus in my projects associated with micro-controller: with the Pascal software (only Windows) I can design sequences to control some light and servomotors to do some animations. These sequences are then injected into the code of the micro-controller.
I also developt some application for entertainment purposes

I'm interested in your entertainment applications ;)
Can I see a link or preview or sth like that

Sanem

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2021, 04:22:39 pm »
Hobby program to play Othello (Reversi).  Mostly satisfied now but still tweak it when an idea comes to mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversi

That's cool, can I see it?

Mr.Madguy

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2021, 01:08:35 pm »
Sudden task - video surveillance system, based on libvlc. It works. At least 64bit version. 32bit one reports out of memory. The biggest problem - my program hangs, when running in IDE. So, no debugging. Just writing working code straight way.
DynamicData 4.1 is in development - optimizing code and paying technical debts.
My project still requires full Delphi 2009 support to be ported to Lazarus.
It's time to finally do it, because Delphi 2009 is 12 years old.

MarkMLl

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2021, 02:01:18 pm »
Sudden task - video surveillance system, based on libvlc. It works. At least 64bit version. 32bit one reports out of memory. The biggest problem - my program hangs, when running in IDE. So, no debugging. Just writing working code straight way.

There was a thread a few weeks (?) ago relating to this. I think it got to the point where it was agreed that a program worked using the IDE's "Run without debugging" facility, but I can't remember whether anybody explicitly tested a different debugger (i.e. fpdebug rather than gdb).

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

Mimmo

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2021, 02:47:45 pm »
A customs management system with a special focus on food and perishable goods for my company.

zamtmn

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2021, 07:29:57 pm »
I use Lazarus to write CAD program. Four CAD different programs are already being written on Lazarus by different people))

El Salvador

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2021, 08:09:05 pm »
I use Lazarus for the development of a cross platform and open source application launcher. I used to use Delphi, but in the last year I have ported the source code to FPC + Lazarus and have finally ported everything to Linux with no major problems.

Mr.Madguy

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2021, 08:13:49 am »
There was a thread a few weeks (?) ago relating to this. I think it got to the point where it was agreed that a program worked using the IDE's "Run without debugging" facility, but I can't remember whether anybody explicitly tested a different debugger (i.e. fpdebug rather than gdb).

MarkMLl
Somehow it's related to problems with threads, as, I guess, libvlc creates separate threads for it's players. Everything works, if only one player is used. But several players hang as soon, as they start playing. How can I switch to other debugger in Lazarus?
DynamicData 4.1 is in development - optimizing code and paying technical debts.
My project still requires full Delphi 2009 support to be ported to Lazarus.
It's time to finally do it, because Delphi 2009 is 12 years old.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2021, 12:05:42 pm »
Right now I have all projects on halt due to lack of time but I'm with 3 different things:

An IDE.  I think I can release a fist alpha version right now.  It's called Multi Language Scriptable Development Environment (MLSDE).  The project website.

The Allegro.pas (AKA Allegro4Pascal), a wrapper to use the Allegro game library with Free Pascal and Delphi.  Also I should release a new version with the latest additions and fixes. The project website.

And finally, the Mingro Game Engine, designed to create old-school games.  Version 1.a.4 were quite complete but I'm rewriting from scratch because the component-based design didn't help so next 1.a.5 will have a more classic design (using static classes and a few objects though). The project website.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:16:23 am by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018