Recent

Author Topic: What you're doing using Lazarus?  (Read 22332 times)

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: What you're doing using Lazarus?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2021, 11:16:10 am »
I use Lazarus to work on FPC itself and also some tools (GUI and command line) here and there for my own use. :)

Edit: oh and at work I built a web service for our build system consisting of a fpWeb backend and a pas2js frontend. :D

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2021, 12:17:14 pm »
Like Pascaldragon I'm principally a FPC devel, and have a lot of small tooling (both work and private)

My job is at a machinebuilder which is  a Delphi shop for PC work (the embedded boards we use are programmed in C) , but I converted everything except the main apps themselves to Lazarus.

The minor ones of that being various small microservices (that e.g. sync files to network drives, http getter apps, some dedup and file/drive scanning tools, various comport and indy programs (older embedded boards communicate using serial, newer via UDP) and file format conversions etc).

The larger ones are a small 20 table CRM connecting to postgres and some tools for our embedded work (a loader for the KICAD format to generate export files for our pick and place machine, and an headergenerator that shield board layout details from the actual programs).

Some of the reasons to use Lazarus while we have licensed Delphi is Delphi installation limits and installation speeds.  Lazarus is much faster and easier to install (can be copied components inclusive even)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 02:22:45 pm by marcov »

Renat.Su

• Renat.Su
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2021, 12:57:32 pm »
I am currently working with several projects at the same time. These are both web and bots and desktop. And everything is on Lazarus (Linux and Windows)

mdalacu

• dmSimpleApps
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2021, 03:22:48 pm »
Besides working on dmMediaConverter (small GUI for ffmpeg) i am building a ADUC tool made for my AD administration needs.

Warfley

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2021, 06:00:43 pm »
For the past few years I am heaviely into trying to utilize the language and features for new paradigms and workflows that are prevalent in other languages (e.g. my most recent apporach STAX tries to implement python or javascript style co-routines in pascal).

Sadly most of the time my projects come to an early death due to the fpc throwing one internal error after another, or simply aborting the compilation because too many generics confuse it, or there is another bug that makes what I wanted to build impossible. This usually results in me not using fpc/lazarus for the next 4-6 months until I find another project to dive into

dsiders

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2021, 07:00:43 pm »
I use Lazarus because it allows a Delphi-exile to continue using a productive language, and tools with which I am familiar. Like Indy, IBX, Firebird SQL, etc. I use it to write general purpose applications for internal use (like accounting, point-of-sale, inventory control, bill of materials).  I also use it to write software for external clients (like positioning software for solar arrays, LP tank metering, geocoding utilities).
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

mirce.vladimirov

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2021, 09:11:30 pm »
I use FPC/Laz to develop desktop applications to read/write access DB, print various reports (lazreport) on Laser printers  as well as dot matrix printers, export to xlsx/ods, connects and transfer files via ftp, download files via http, call external applications...

GAN

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2021, 09:48:15 pm »
I use FPC/Laz to develop desktop applications to read/write access DB, print various reports (lazreport) on Laser printers  as well as dot matrix printers, export to xlsx/ods, connects and transfer files via ftp, download files via http, call external applications...

Pretty much the same.
Lazarus 2.0.8 FPC 3.0.4 Linux Mint Mate 19.3
Zeos 7̶.̶2̶.̶6̶ 7.1.3a-stable - Sqlite 3.32.3 - LazReport

mtrsoft

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2021, 06:08:25 am »
I've ported two commercially available apps from Delphi to Lazarus.
The first that does nonlinear (& multiple linear) regression analysis (curve fitting) is called FitAll.
It has been used by various researchers to characterize the current-voltage behaviour and performance of solar cells and modules, the binding of possible cancer treatment drugs to DNA and many other tings.

The second is a Simple Inventory Program, SIP, that uses SQLite as the database. This program is useful for home inventories that can be helpful when moving, making insurance claims and in the fullnues of time to give to ones executor.

Currently these are Windows only apps.
More information and an evaluation edition of the programs is available at http://www.fitall.com/ .

The first commercial version of FitAll was developed using TurboPascal v2. Later Delphi versions made it possible for users to develop addon function library dlls with FPC and Lazarus as well as Delphi.

John

Lulu

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2021, 01:10:22 pm »
Mainly, I use Lazarus in my projects associated with micro-controller: with the Pascal software (only Windows) I can design sequences to control some light and servomotors to do some animations. These sequences are then injected into the code of the micro-controller.
I also developt some application for entertainment purposes
wishing you a nice life

glorfin

• LMath supporter
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2021, 01:38:17 pm »
I am scientist and develop in Lazarus some specific data analysis programs. As an example, https://sourceforge.net/projects/nestopatch/. Well, this lead me also to modifying and some extension of Jean Debord's DMath (https://sourceforge.net/projects/dmath/) which is now availabled as LMath (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmath-library/). And, of course, some small utilities for my own use, like database of my own experiments...

Sanem

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2021, 03:32:43 pm »
Thank you all for you're answers, I'm reading and enjoying your works, and looking forward to more answers.
Regards

Edson

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2021, 04:29:34 pm »
Hi. I've used and I'm using Lazarus for several projects. You can see most of them in my Github repository: https://github.com/t-edson

Some programs are:

- P65Pas: CPU 6502 Pascal Compiler/IDE/Debugger.
- PicPas: Pascal compiler for PIC microcontrollers.
- Tito's terminal: Terminal with graphical UI, syntax highlighting and automation for telnet, ssh, and serial.
- MySQLtoFirebird: Utility to convert MySQL script to Firebird script.
- CiberPlex: Cybercafe control software
- Multizip: Utility for compress and split files.
- Minimat: 3D math graphic program.

Some Libraries are:
- SynFacilSyn: Scriptable Highlighter for the SynEdit Component of Lazarus
- SynFacilCompletion: Scriptable Highlighter with code-completion for the SynEdit Component of Lazarus
- UnTerminal: Lazarus unit for console process control, with prompt detection.
- LazarusOpenCV: Cross-platform Lazarus library for using OpenCV.
- conSock: Lazarus library that implements TCP/IP connections using sockets
- MiConfig: Lazarus library to save/restore properties in Configuration dialogs.
- ogEditGraf: Lazarus library to create graphic object editors.
- DXFya: Library for drawing DXF files.
- UtilsGrilla: Lazarus library to work with TStringGrid
- MisUtils: Useful routines for Lazarus, for showing messages adn common functions.
- ThXmlRpc: Basic Server for Web Service on the XML-RPC protocol.

Currently I'm devloping a Terminal component for Windows and linux shell.
Lazarus 2.2.6 - FPC 3.2.2 - x86_64-win64 on Windows 10

PierceNg

• SamadhiWeb
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2021, 06:40:20 pm »
I write little command line tools and small web apps for own use on Linux servers that I run.

I have plans to write some desktop GUI applications but haven't started.

superc

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 10:31:21 pm »
I'm using Lazarus for programming testing machines for the electronic manufacturing environment.... With Raspberry for made terminals for detection of times always in the company environment .... For many other things with zeoslibs.... Lazarus is very powerful !!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018