Forum > General

What you're doing using Lazarus?

(1/15) > >>

Sanem:
Hi everyone,
I was wondering, what you're doing by using Lazarus right now?
Like what projects are you making with it, what aspects you're depending on etc.
Regards

MarkMLl:
Right now? I'm not, I'm using FreeCAD and a 3D printer to produce some precision insulators/guides.

In the wider picture: data collection from remote embedded equipment, data presentation and forwarding on behalf of customers, local test programs in support thereof, embedded scripting using a derivative of Meta-2 that supports language extensions. Various things related to high-precision timing, camera control and reliable communications. Much else.

Longer term: an embedding of Python into Lazarus to support various Inkscape addons. Hopefully port Tree Meta to augment/replace my long-term use of Meta-2. Much else (Deo volente).

MarkMLl

BobDog:

Sorry to be a party pooper.
I never use Lazarus.
Freepascal with a simple ide (Dev-Pascal ide for instance) does me.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: BobDog on September 04, 2021, 10:37:47 am ---I never use Lazarus.

--- End quote ---

Horses for courses. Particularly if interfacing with a piece of workbench equipment I try to support both GUI and non-GUI where possible. That typically means two separate programs, but I also try- where possible- to have a single binary which runs non-GUI if there are command-line parameters.

MarkMLl

rsz:
I'm working on a data entry and graphical display program for my home lab. Next I'm going to try to port my existing C microcontroller programs to use Pascal on ESP8266. For those microcontrollers I will also move away from web based access and use a GUI program instead.

I really don't want any of my projects to depend on browsers at all anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version