Recent

Author Topic: IDE Messages - green view header  (Read 1599 times)

CCRDude

IDE Messages - green view header
« on: September 01, 2021, 04:23:37 pm »
Hope this subforum is better suited than the IDE one :)

I've got these self written packages that do something within the IDE. One deals with comments, one codesignes finished binaries, one creates installers that have their script as part of the project.

They all have one thing in common: they print output to the Messages panel. I use custom views to group these messages (ViewCaption parameter of AddIDEMessage call). And these views keep a yellow header.

Compare to the "Compile Project" group that has a green header when compilation was successful. That's what I want as well.

Idea #1: create a custom "tool". Problem is I can inherit from TAbstractExternalTool, hile it would be better to inherit from TExternalTool, which is not available in packages.

Idea #2: create the view using IDEMessagesWindow.CreateView, and modify its properties to show it's finished. It's a bit complex to follow this through, and it seems we can only get it green if a "tool" is attached to the view, and then we would back at idea #1.

I see that even longtime packages such as the JEDI Code Formatter do not show a success state for their messages view. Still the idea seems to be nice.

Is this one of the places where the package interfaces are not detailed enough to support this, or am I missing an easy way?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018