Forum > Windows

Cant hide window from taskbar when executing application created with Lazarus

(1/2) > >>

MaartenJB:
Hi,

I want to launch an application with TProcess made with Lazarus, but it won't let me hide the application. If I do the same with for example mspaint.exe it works fine:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---uses ..., process; var  aProcess: TProcess;begin   aProcess := TProcess.Create(nil);  try     if (CheckBox1.Checked)    then aProcess.CommandLine := 'mspaint.exe'           // <--- Works    else aProcess.CommandLine := 'C:\Temp\project1.exe';  // <--- Doesnt Work  ( Vanilla Lazarus application )     aProcess.CurrentDirectory:= ExtractFilePath(aProcess.CommandLine);    aProcess.Options := aProcess.Options - [poWaitOnExit];    aProcess.ShowWindow:=swoHIDE;     // <---  This should hide the application    aProcess.Execute;  finally    aProcess.Free;  end;end;  

lucamar:
Since you seem to be in Windows, try with:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---    {... etc ...}    Exclude(aProcess.Options, poWaitOnExit); {== aProcess.Options - [poWaitOnExit];}    Include(aProcess.Options, poNoConsole);    aProcess.ShowWindow:=swoHIDE;    {... etc ...}
Note, though, that some programs don't like to be run hidden, so they take steps to prevent it in their own initialization. There's nothing you can do about it.

winni:
Hi!

For Windows only there is the  property TPROCESS.ShowWindow:

Try the option swoHide.

Winni

lucamar:

--- Quote from: winni on August 16, 2021, 04:54:47 pm ---For Windows only there is the  property TPROCESS.ShowWindow:

Try the option swoHide.
--- End quote ---

That was already in the OP's oiginal code. It's in fact what got him baffled: that it works with mspaint.exe but not with (his?) testmon.exe

Just saying ... :-[

winni:
Hi!

What ist testmon.exe?

If it is your own code:
Does it got wsMaximized or fsStayOnTop?

--- Quote from: lucamar on August 16, 2021, 04:58:49 pm ---
That was already in the OP's oiginal code.

--- End quote ---

Sorry. Lack of concentration.
Just looking in the airspace over Afghanistan.
Turkish Airforce just flew in it with an A400M (TUAF580 )

Winni

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version