Forum > Free Pascal

gitlab conversion online.

<< < (3/5) > >>

El Salvador:
@stocki, tried with the shallow clone (as @ccrause suggested)?

--- Quote ---Two points there: first, that doesn't show how much metadata is being moved around. Second, it doesn't show how much data Subversion would have moved around.
--- End quote ---
I believe @ccrause meant the difference in data transferred between the shallow clone (48mb) and the normal clone (108mb).

Marc:

--- Quote from: stocki on August 10, 2021, 09:25:11 am ---Seems to me the git timeout kills the connection on slow DSL connections. The server needs to be configured correctly.

--- End quote ---
Gitlab is hosted by the Gitlab organization itself, if it timeout, file a ticket there.

Marc

Bart:

--- Quote from: marcov on August 09, 2021, 07:29:46 am ---https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source

--- End quote ---

Somebody should change "Installing the Free Pascal Compiler" accordingly.

Bart

stocki:
I don't know if gitlab is a good decision in the long run. Services get shut down pretty quickly or go to people you don't like.

marcov:

--- Quote from: stocki on August 11, 2021, 12:25:01 am ---I don't know if gitlab is a good decision in the long run. Services get shut down pretty quickly or go to people you don't like.

--- End quote ---

I don't think anybody has the illusion of *forever*, neither gitlab, nor the free premium tier for open-source projects that we get from it. But it will also not be a matter of only a couple of years, and if we have a run of 8-10 years, that still saves considerably on server administration and fees.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version