Forum > TAChart

what does chart title wordwrap do

<< < (2/2)

wp:

--- Quote from: Muso on August 04, 2021, 03:16:20 pm ---- for my real-life program, do you recommend me to use better e.g. a TEdit or a TlabeledEdit to allow the user to modify the title/footer?

--- End quote ---
The TLabeledEdit has issues with autosizing and align. Better to use separate components; when you anchor them with the Anchor Editor you have the same effect. And the entire ChartEditor demo makes excessive use of the Anchor Editor.

--- Quote from: Muso on August 04, 2021, 03:16:20 pm ---- I am now able to get the latest sources (latest FPCupDeluxe - FPC via the stable 3.2.2 and Lazarus via Gitlab). I see that you changed yesterday something in master but I checked out the 2_2_fixes branch. So when you don't backport to this branch, does this mean, the changes are experimental/needs testing? If so, do you want me to test? Then I will switch to master.

--- End quote ---
Please test with main. There were numerous changes in this commit and there's a chance that some bugs have crept in. Fixes is intended primarily for bug-fixes only; but since the demo has no effect on the overall performance of Lazarus I am willing to add the new features to fixes, too, but only after more testing.

Muso:

--- Quote from: wp on August 04, 2021, 04:44:35 pm ---The TLabeledEdit has issues with autosizing and align.

--- End quote ---

I know, since I once reported the autosize issue in the bug tracker.

I replaced now in my program the memo with an edit.

--- Quote ---Please test with main.

--- End quote ---

OK. I will try if I can easily change the branch in FPCupDeluxe.

wp:

--- Quote from: Muso on August 04, 2021, 06:59:35 pm ---I replaced now in my program the memo with an edit.

--- End quote ---
But then you cannot enter a multiline title... (this has nothing to do with wordwrap).

Muso:

--- Quote from: wp on August 04, 2021, 04:44:35 pm ---Please test with main.

--- End quote ---

Here I am. The demo works fine so far.

I only see now these compiler messages that could be fixed:

--- Code: ---cesimplepenframe.pas(34,7) Hint: Parameter "WithThemeSpace" not used
cesimplepenframe.pas(27,5) Note: Private field "TSimpleChartPenFrame.FOnVisibleChange" is never used
cesimplebrushframe.pas(22,5) Note: Private field "TSimpleChartBrushFrame.FOnVisibleChange" is never used
ceshapebrushpenmarginsframe.pas(109,33) Hint: Local variable "h" does not seem to be initialized
ceshapebrushpenmarginsframe.pas(109,30) Hint: Local variable "w" does not seem to be initialized
celegendframe.pas(9,30) Hint: Unit "ColorBox" not used in ceLegendFrame
cecharteditor.pas(31,45) Hint: Parameter "Node" not used
cemain.pas(51,53) Hint: Value parameter "ASender" is assigned but never used
cemain.pas(45,48) Hint: Value parameter "ASender" is assigned but never used
cemain.pas(48,7) Hint: Value parameter "APoint" is assigned but never used
cemain.pas(49,50) Hint: Value parameter "ASender" is assigned but never used
--- End code ---

So, I think your latest additiontions should make it into Laz 2.2.

------------

I wonder about the "assigned but never used" messages because in the procedures there is an

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Unused(ASender);I see these warnings in my programs now too. I realize now that I have FPC 3.3.1 despite I set in FPCupDeluxe to get FPC 3.2.2. So the Unused() function does not work with FPC 3.3.x

wp:

--- Quote from: Muso on August 05, 2021, 04:46:03 am ---Here I am. The demo works fine so far.
[...]
So, I think your latest additiontions should make it into Laz 2.2.

--- End quote ---
Merged the changes plus some minor ones of today to Fixes_2_2.

--- Quote from: Muso on August 05, 2021, 04:46:03 am ---I wonder about the "assigned but never used" messages because in the procedures there is an

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Unused(ASender);I see these warnings in my programs now too. I realize now that I have FPC 3.3.1 despite I set in FPCupDeluxe to get FPC 3.2.2. So the Unused() function does not work with FPC 3.3.x

--- End quote ---
I can confirm this. But I don't care about FPC-trunk as long as the package compiles. These warnings will be addressed when a new fpc release has been tagged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version